Latex/ Innerspring hybrid mattress in Denver/ Direct Supplier

Hello,
My name is Clay. I live in Denver. After reviewing your mattress information overviews and trying out several types of mattresses with my wife. I am leaning most toward a Natural Latex mattress hybrid with pocketed coils. After trying beds I would prefer the following specs (listed below) or as close as possible, but I am having trouble finding it locally. So I would like to ask if maybe anyone else locally can point me in the right direction or maybe suggest a national manufacturer/ direct supplier that carries a mattress within my specs.

Soft Natural Talalay Latex Comfort layer (preferably 3" or so), Along with a secondary layer of medium Talalay Latex for support.
Foam encased sides, good quality individual pocket coil spring support core (zoned if possible)
Natural cover with a pillow or euro top preferable. Some sort of wool in this layer or in the mattress would be a plus as we are both hot sleepers.
Made in the USA or Canada
Total Mattress thickness of 13" or more.
$2000.00 or less preferable.

Let me know if I am missing something in the combination that I am looking for and if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Clay

Hi claybernard,

You’ve probably seen this but the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Denver, CO area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) but checking their websites and making some preliminary phone calls to the retailers/manufacturers that are on the forum list that are in reasonable driving distance is always a good idea before you visit any store anyway. This will tell you which of them carry mattresses that would meet your specific criteria, are transparent about the quality and durability of the materials in their mattresses (see this article), and that carry the type of mattresses that you are interested in testing in the budget range you are comfortable with. Once you have checked their websites and/or talked with the ones that interest you then you will be in a much better position to decide on the ones that you are most interested in visiting based on the results of your preliminary research and conversations.

I would always keep in mind that the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Unless you have a great deal of knowledge and experience with different types of mattress materials and specs and different layering combinations and how they combine together and can translate them into your own “real life” experience that can be unique to you (which would only be a very small percentage of people) … I would tend to avoid using individual specs such as layer thicknesses or ILD numbers or other complex combinations of specifications to try and predict how a mattress will feel or perform for you and focus more on your own actual testing and/or personal experience. When you try and choose a mattress based on complex combinations of specs that you don’t fully understand then the most common outcome is information overload and “paralysis by analysis”. Choosing a mattress based on complex specs would be among the least reliable ways to choose a suitable mattress.

If you tend to prefer innerspring/latex hybrid mattresses (and there are many who do … see post #13 here), outside of any local options that may be available to you some of the better innerspring/latex options I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here that may also be worth considering as well.

Phoenix