Latex International out of business? ... NO

The Healthy Back store in Littleton, CO went out of business a few weeks ago, and the sales person there told me to not even consider buying anything from Healthy Back, which I appreciated him doing.
So I tried another retail location that sold Bliss mattresses. The owner of that store said they are no longer carrying Bliss mattresses, because Bliss, along with Latex International, which owns them, is going out of business. Well after trying to call both of these companies, and having the calls disconnected, I believe the rumor is probably true. As soon as you push 1, for sales info. the call is disconnected.

This is unfortunate, as my girlfriend bought a Bliss mattress from Healthy Back around a year ago, and I was now considering buying one there as well. They were one of the few here locally, that offered a money back comfort guarantee.

Hi gme109:

Latex International is still in business. They went through a Chapter 11 reorganization, and even during that phase they were still producing and shipping mattresses. They are now called Talalay Global, but it’s the same company.

My guess would be that the phone number you called is outdated. With the reorganization they consolidated offices and many of their numbers are now not in service.

I get this comment once in a while from people shopping for a Pure latex Bliss mattress (full disclosure - Pure Latex Bliss is a brand that I sell at my retail store). They state that a store that used to sell Pure Latex Bliss doesn’t offer them any more because Pure Latex Bliss is going out of business. Sometimes retailers spread rumors like this to distract form the real reason they are no longer carrying a particular line - or perhaps the line was pulled from a store by the manufacturer.

Regardless, Talalay Global is alive and strong. Their balance sheet was only two million dollars upside down, and nothing like the bankruptcy that Simmons went through years ago. Goodyear and BASF are currently the two largest backers of Talalay Global. And I am ordering and shipping Pure Latex Bliss mattresses every day.

If you have a specific question that you need answered or need to get in contact with Pure Latex Bliss, I’d certainly be happy to facilitate that for you. Feel free to submit an email to me here and I can put you in contact with a Pure Latex Bliss representative.

Good luck!
-Jeff

Hi gme109,

Healthy Back went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy on April 1st and is in the process of reorganizing. They shut down or sold some of their underperforming stores including the one in Littleton, CO (which was sold to Relax The Back) so they could focus on their more successful locations. I’ve removed them from the Denver list here along with some of the other forum lists where they no longer have a store.

Latex International (now called Talalay Global) has been the subject of lots of rumors and speculation since they declared chapter 11 bankruptcy in June of last year (see this topic) but of course most of the rumors turned out not to be true. They are successfully reorganizing, are no longer up for sale, and are still making Talalay latex and selling Pure Latex Bliss mattresses so this “rumor” is one of the ones that certainly isn’t true.

ADDED: I didn’t notice that MattressToGo had already answered this while I was writing my reply so my comments here were mostly redundant :slight_smile:

Any warranty on the Pure Latex Bliss mattresses sold by Healthy Back would still be valid.

Phoenix

This time I was able to get through to Bliss mattresses without being disconnected, but it was after hours, so I left a message. I’ll be awaiting their call.

Hi gme109,

They are a wholesale manufacturer that doesn’t sell directly to the public so if you aren’t a retailer that has your own rep it can sometimes be a while before they return phone calls and you can often get a faster reply to any questions you may have about them by asking a knowledgeable retailer that sells them.

Phoenix

It certainly doesn’t help their image, when someone calls and pushes 1 for customer service, followed by a recorded voice saying “Goodbye” and then the phone disconnects.

This happened after calling Pure Bliss at their listed number.

Get in Touch
Consumer Care
1 (404) 260-7421
Business Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm EST

Hi gme109,

I would certainly agree with you.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=51289]Hi gme109,

Healthy Back went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy on April 1st and is in the process of reorganizing.[/quote]

Filing Chapter 11 on April Fool’s Day is definitely sending a message.

Hi electricrelish,

I thought the same thing when I looked up and noticed the date as well :slight_smile:

I also added “… NO” to the title of this topic so that it doesn’t unintentionally mislead anyone when it appears on a google search

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=51298]Hi gme109,

I would certainly agree with you.

Phoenix[/quote]

It also doesn’t inspire confidence that I can not get a hold of anyone at Talalay Global.
Every time I call, the first thing you hear is, “Our operator is currently unavailable”
I’m still not convinced this company is fully operational, and would have serious reservations about purchasing any of their products.

Hi gme109,

[quote]It also doesn’t inspire confidence that I can not get a hold of anyone at Talalay Global.
Every time I call, the first thing you hear is, “Our operator is currently unavailable”
I’m still not convinced this company is fully operational, and would have serious reservations about purchasing any of their products. [/quote]

Consumers can’t buy from them directly anyway … only from a dealer or manufacturer that buys from them.

FWIW they are certainly back in full operation after the fire and have been for some time.

Like many companies that don’t deal directly with consumers they have always been somewhat difficult to reach.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=51322]Hi gme109,

[quote]It also doesn’t inspire confidence that I can not get a hold of anyone at Talalay Global.
I’m still not convinced this company is fully operational, and would have serious reservations about purchasing any of their products. [/quote]

Consumers can’t buy from them directly anyway … only from a dealer or manufacturer that buys from them.

FWIW they are certainly back in full operation after the fire and have been for some time.

Like many companies that don’t deal directly with consumers they have always been somewhat difficult to reach.

Phoenix[/quote]

What happens if someone has a warranty issue with their mattress and the retailer has gone out of business? They would need to contact either Pure Bliss mattress or Talalay Global. For my own satisfaction, as a possible future customer, and to ensure my girlfriend who purchased a Pure Bliss mattress, I’d like to be able to actually speak to someone at one of these companies. I have not received a response from either one of them after leaving a message over a week ago. Not a good way of moving forward, and ensuring potential customers that you’ve risen from the ashes.

Hi gme109,

Yes … they would need to contact Pure Latex Bliss (not Talalay Global) if the retailer was no longer in business.

If you have a question that you need them to answer it may be worth trying the contact form on their contact page or emailing Jeff who can put you in touch with someone at PLB (he talks with them on a regular basis).

Phoenix