Latex International vs Latex Green

Does anyone have knowledge of the products produced by Latex International and Latex Green?

How do they compare? Is one noticably superior to the other? Are the certifications used by each of similar quality (LI uses Oeko-Tex, LG uses the eco-Institute).

Hi ricardo4833,

Latex International makes blended and 100% natural Talalay latex and Latex Green makes molded 100% natural and organic Dunlop latex. Both of them are high quality latex manufacturers.

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and there is more about the differences in “feel” between Dunlop and Talalay in post #7 here but each person may have have a different preference between them.

All the latex you are likely to encounter (either Dunlop or Talalay made from synthetic, blended, or natural rubber) will be certified by either Oeko-Tex or Eco-Institut and I would consider both of them to be legitimate “safety” certifications in terms of having any harmful substances or VOC’s. Both of them are independent certifications and publish their testing protocols. Latex Green is also Oeko-Tex certified and they also make GOLS certified organic latex as well as 100% natural Dunlop (see post #2 here for more about certifications).

Phoenix

Other threads mention that Latex Green (LG) makes only dunlop latex. The LG website seems to confirm this as well.

I guess that puts me back at square one for the research into Foam By Mail (FBM) I was doing. They recently sent me a certification letter for the latex they sell. Although they tried to block out the supplier information, they did not block out the test cert number (eco-Institute ID 1008-12244-001). This cert corresponds to a LG product, but FBM sells 100% natural talalay latex. An internet search turned up a German company that uses the same cert. FBM does not like to share its information (citing competitive reasons). That disappoints me, because the prices they offer are very good (perhaps for good reason?). I was looking at piecing together a 9" - 10" eastern king 100% natural talalay mattress with an organic cotton/wool cover (from innomax) for around $1400 - $1600. Plus, FBM is a short drive from my house. It would have been very easy to get replacement components.

I guess I’ll have to dig a little more into finding a good source of mattress components…unless you know of any?

Or, is there some way of looking at a piece of latex and knowing who the supplier is (Latex Green, Latex International, Latexco, Arpico, etc)?

Hi ricardo4833,

Yes that’s correct. They don’t make Talalay. They make 100% natural Dunlop latex both with and without an organic certification.

You can read more about Foam Factory (aka FBM, Foam by mail, and many others) in post #2 here and post #2 here and in this thread. They are not a reliable supplier and I would be very cautious in any dealings with them. If you do choose to buy anything from them then what you receive would be a “roll of the dice” in terms of the type and quality of the material and they certainly don’t sell Talalay latex (even though they say they do).

Some of the better sources of mattress components I’m aware of are listed in post #4 here.

No … not unless a label or identifying mold impression is still on the part of the full core that you receive. This is one of many reasons that it’s so important to deal with a reliable supplier.

Phoenix