Latex Layering Questions

Hi Manimal,

I don’t think that most people would notice the difference between two 3" cores and a single 6"core if they were all the same ILD (see post #2 here).

If you are using a zip cover I would also think that the benefits of being able to replace the layers would outweigh any benefits that would come from gluing the layers (see post #2 here).

I would agree with the “if it ain’t broke” thinking. With each configuration you may gain some customers that prefer it the way it is (with the two core options they have) and you may lose some customers where neither one is their perfect “match”. The profit margins are usually fairly consistent between the mattresses that are made by the same manufacturer (although the margins on higher budget mattresses are usually a little higher) but using a little less latex may also be part of how they hit certain price points.

I can’t think of anything else unless you have any additional questions that I can help with.

Thanks for the kind words … and good luck with deciding on which direction you wish to go :slight_smile:

Phoenix