Latex mattress & adjustable base?

Phoenix, thank you so much for this wonderful site and all the time and effort you put into it for us. It is an invaluable resource with information not to be found anywhere else.

We are just beginning our research into a new bed but are leaning towards the layered type latex mattress styles from Flobeds and sleepez. The idea of an adjustable base along the lines of the Ergomotion 400 or Reverie Deluxe also has our interest. From what I read here though it sounds like a latex mattress directly on a sheet of plywood is not recommended because it can prevent good air flow thru the mattress. From what I can tell, it looks like both of these bases use plywood on the top where the mattress will set. I’m probably over thinking this (I always do) :slight_smile: but I was wondering if that could be a problem and if you think this would be any reason for concern?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

Hi GW208,

You can read a little more about solid surface platforms vs slatted bases in post #10 here. An adjustable bed qualifies as a “compelling reason” IMO and for most people it would be fine if the other risk factors were lower.

FWIW … I also sleep on a latex mattress on a Reverie adjustable bed with a solid surface and I live in the Pacific Northwest. I would have chosen a slatted base if I hadn’t purchased the adjustable. The tradeoff was worth it to me :slight_smile:

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=23013]Hi GW208,

You can read a little more about solid surface platforms vs slatted bases in post #10 here. An adjustable bed qualifies as a “compelling reason” IMO and for most people it would be fine if the other risk factors were lower.

FWIW … I also sleep on a latex mattress on a Reverie adjustable bed with a solid surface and I live in the Pacific Northwest. I would have chosen a slatted base if I hadn’t purchased the adjustable. The tradeoff was worth it to me :slight_smile:

Phoenix[/quote]

Thanks Phoenix, I thought that I had read every post here at least twice but I missed that one. This is going to be a huge investment for us so your opinions are very important to us and very much appreciated.

Hi GW208,

Whew … there’s over 21,000 posts in the forum and some of them are very long so if you’ve read them twice that would be a LOT of reading :slight_smile:

Pheonix