Latex mattress cores and comfort layer densities for weights of sleepers

Hi
This is my first post and I hope someone can help me. I am looking to buy or make a 100% natural latex mattress for my partner and I. I have found a company in Australia that will custom make the mattress so that one side is suitable for me (85 kgs) and one side for my partner (55 kgs). I am trying to find out if there is a formula that can be used to determine the core, mid and top densities of latex for a specific height and weight of the sleeper.

I have tried to search but couldn’t find anything.

Thank you.

Hi avaganda,

You are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components would be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing or personal experience … hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

There is also more information in post #2 here about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them but when you can’t test a mattress in person (or at least a design that is very similar) then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer who has your best interests at heart that can help “talk you through” the options they have available based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences and which of the firmness and layering options they have available will have the best chance of success than anyone else.

I would always keep in mind though that if you aren’t confident that your mattress will be a good “match” for you and that you will sleep well on it then the options you have after a purchase to either make changes to the mattress or exchange or return it and any costs involved would become a more important part of the “value” of your purchase. There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix

Sorry I have been travelling so couldn’t reply sooner. Thank you Pheonix for your help.

Regards