Latex mattress in Birmingham, AL

Hi,

I am desperately in need of a new mattress and when I started my search I thought I wanted memory foam.  Well after trying out several different brands and firmness levels I have decided that memory foam is not my friend. I have rheumatoid arthritis and have 4 joint replacement surgeries. Memory foam was too difficult for me to move on. Because of this I am thinking latex might be the way to go.  I need a mattress that is soft enough that it doesn't cause me pain and that I can move and flip from side to side without too much difficulty. I have been looking at latex mattresses online however I am nervous about purchasing something I have never tried. I haven't been able to find any stores that have an all latex mattress that I can try. If anyone knows of anyplace within a reasonable driving distance of Birmingham, Al I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Hi Barbie,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Birmingham area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #57 here.

If you are in reasonable driving distance of Pelham I would make sure that you include Royal Bedding in your research. You can see some comments about them in the Birmingham list and here and here as well.

Phoenix