Latex mattress in north central Indiana

I would like to start by thanking Phoenix and Mattress Underground for the tremendous collection of mattress wisdom that has allowed me to get a handle on the construction of a device most us spend a third of our lives upon.

My current mattress is a very firm coil spring one purchased in the late 80’s. The cushion has been compressed in the center for some time now so I added a latex topper from Spindle this week, I’ve slept better than I have in quite a while. My chronic neck pain has improved and I sleep more soundly without tossing waking earlier and refreshed. I sound like a commercial.

Now I am sure I want a full latex mattress but here in the heartland there are few resources I’m aware of for trying and or buying. After studying most of the library of information on Mattress Underground I think I have a good idea of what I want in a mattress but I would like to try a few before buying or ordering, can you recommend anyone in the north central portion of Indiana? I’m located approximately 80 miles north of Indy.

Also, I like a low profile pillow. My current pillow is a polyfoam that required many months to get thin the way I like it but it is too firm from permanent compression. Not sure a shredded pillow would work after removing most of the latex to get it thin so I’m looking for a very low profile solid latex version. I tried a Natura low profile which is 5" high but the loft aggravated my neck pain maybe 3" to 4" if anyone has suggestions.

So let me end by thanking Neal of Spindle Mattress for his excellent guidance without trying to up sell in the least, in fact, quite the reverse. He is very knowledgeable and patient. Phoenix, I can’t imagine how or where you gained the the vast trove of information you share with us, thank you, it doesn’t go unnoticed.

Hi jqunac,

Post #2 here has the better options and possibilities I’m aware of that would be within reasonable driving distance.

While pillow choices are very individual and each person may have their own preferences … it’s also important that a pillow keeps your head and neck in good alignment in all your sleeping positions. The pillow thread here has more information about pillows in general and some of the choices made by some of the members here that may be helpful.

As you know … I think highly of Neal and it’s always refreshing to talk with someone who is what I call “mattress people” instead of “money machines”!

Thanks for the kind words … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix