Latex Mattress Manufacturer, retailer or sleep shop on Long Island or in New York, NY?

Can anyone please recommend where to go to try out latex (blended talalay, preferably) mattresses near us?
We live in Holbrook, NY, halfway out Long Island, but I am willing to go as far as New York City, NY to try mattresses of this type.

I only know of major chains like Sleepy’s, Macy’s – and again, think we prefer 100% blended talalay or that latex over pocketed coils, so looks like Scott Jordan furniture (on your membership list) is not a good choice as they have only 100% NR latex in 2 choices. True? Right now, I’m pretty discouraged about getting to try out the type of mattress we’re looking to buy, even if online in the end.

Thanks for any detailed recommendations for this type of mattress tryout place for us, given our awkward Long Island location!

Hi Akia,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Long Island area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here. It also includes a link to the New York City list as well.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix, for pointing me to recommendations in the New York area. I’m looking for Blended Talalay Latex layers and can only find this offered online.

Can you recommend any showrooms in the New York area that will have smthg to try most similar to the SleepEZ customizable three layer (soft/medium/firm) mattress they sell only online? I want to try such a mattress in a store before buying online.

Thanks again!
Akia

Hi Akia,

The closest you could probably come would be a Savvy Rest dealer which sells component latex mattresses that use combinations of 3" latex layers with a wool quilted cotton cover but they only have 100% natural Talalay and don’t have blended Talalay available. There is more about the difference between blended Talalay and 100% natural Talalay in post #2 here.

The Pure Latex Bliss mattresses use blended Talalay latex but they have different designs with different firmness levels and layer thicknesses and they also use Latex International Talalay vs Radium Talalay so they would give you a sense of the more general “feel” of blended Talalay but their mattresses would be different from the layer combinations that are available at SleepEZ. You can see the specs of the PLB mattresses in post #2 here.

Dixie Foam also has a 6" Talalay latex mattress (I believe it’s blended but you would need to check with them) that would be “somewhat similar” if the 6" core was the same ILD as the bottom two 3" layers in a component mattress and you added a 3" Talalay latex topper that was the same ILD as the top layer in a SleepEZ mattress as well but it would also be different because a mattress/topper combination will feel different from the same top layer inside the cover and the cover and quilting would be different as well which will also affect the feel and performance of the mattresses and how they compare. (NOTE ADDED: They are now a member of this site as well)

Phoenix