latex mattress on a budget

hi i am trying to find a latex mattress on a budget! i would ideally like to spend $2500 TOPS :slight_smile:
and get as natural of a product as possible, not sure which cuts are the safest when trying to avoid chemicals.

i am 5’3 115lb partner is 5’5 145lb i sleep on all sides :slight_smile: partner sleeps on side or back. we are both mid 20’s.
i also like to sleep diagonal and my partner stretches out so ideally a king would be best. i have tried a memory foam and i didn’t like how firm it was and how long it took for me to feel like it contoured to my body.

help any advice would be great, starting to feel overwhelmed by companies, warranties, claim, returns and prices, ect.
thank you in advance!!

Hi rose24,

Your budget is certainly enough to purchase a high quality latex mattress.

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices. It also includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online and it includes many that sell latex mattresses with a wide range of designs, options, and features inside your budget range.

Post #6 here also includes more information about the different types and blends of latex so you are comfortable with limiting your choices to 100% natural latex.

There may also be some good options available that are local to you and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better local options or possibilities I’m aware of.

Phoenix

I’m just outside of jackson, wy a pretty rural area makes it hard for shopping and testing :blush:
thank you for your help and super fast reply!

Hi rose24,

You are certainly a little “out of the way” :slight_smile:

The closest local options I’m aware of are in the Idaho Falls / Pocatello area list in post #9 here.

Outside of these (and I would call first to find out what they had on their floor before driving that far) I would probably look at the better online latex options that are linked in the tutorial.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
After comparing prices on foam sweet foam, plushbeds and flexus comfort. I think I have narrowed it down. I like the idea of foam sweet foam and flexus allowing you to customize each layer, but when it comes down to cost (I really like savings money) flexus seems to have the prices im more willing to pay.
Have you heard any reviews or positive feed back from this small local company. I cant find any and just want assurance that they are reputable.

Also I am looking for a strudy foundation. What is the longevity of the metal ones ive seen at target and amazon for $100 Versus a cloth coverd slatted one. Versus the statted wood on a metral frame.
Thanks again for all your help.

Hi rose24,

Flexus is one of the members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and they compete well with the best in the industry.

A forum search on “Flexus” (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

The foundation post here and the two posts it links to in the second paragraph has more information about and sources for foundations or other support systems that are suitable for different types of mattresses including latex. While they may be durable … you can see my thoughts about the wire grid type of foundations I think you mean in post #10 here.

Phoenix