Latex mattress recommendation

I’ve been researching mattresses for a couple of months and believe I have narrowed my search down to natural latex. Honestly there have been times that I’ve been so frustrated that I’ve almost given up. We looked at the Sultan Edsele the other day but felt it may be a bit thin. I’ve done a lot of reading and shopping online and just can’t seem to decide which way to go. One mattress I find myself returning to is the Plushbeds Organic Botanical Bliss. Also thought about the organic mattress made by Innomax available at Sam’s.

I know a new mattress will really improve my quality of life as I wake up frequently on our 13 yr old coil mattress. I had back surgery as a teen to correct scoliosis and have a harrington rod, resulting in both neck and low back stiffness and compression. My husband is a side sleeper and I tend to toss and turn from side to side to back but back is probably most comfortable. We prefer a firm level of support.

We don’t mind spending what it takes for quality but realize that you can often find superior quality and a competitive price. I would appreciate any direction you may have to offer so we can get this done.

Brenda

Hi Bdunai,

A mattress is only as good as the suitability of the design for your needs and preferences and the quality of the construction and materials inside it regardless of the brand name on the label. Once you know the specifics of all the layers and materials then you can make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses that use the same of similar materials and designs.

There are too many unknowns and variables for anyone to recommend specific mattresses for anyone out of all the thousands that are available (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) but post #1 here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you can use to make informed choices and meaningful comparisons.

The only “official” recommendations I make are the members of this site which means I believe they are among the best quality/value available either locally or across the country but there are also many other great quality/value mattresses available across the country that aren’t members (at least yet).

Both Innomax and Plushbeds tend to use good quality materials in their mattresses but so do many other manufacturers (usually smaller independent manufacturers) so your “best” choices would depend on the specifics of the mattresses you are looking at and how they compare to other similar mattresses that are available to you either locally or online.

Phoenix

I would suggest finding a Pure Latex Bliss dealer and trying them out. I tried every local latex mattress I could find and am so happy that I picked this one.

Thank you.

Thank you for posting about your mattress. I looked online and we do have a PLB dealer in a nearby town.

Were you able to try them? Have you made a decision?