Latex mattress recommendations.

Hi,

We are replacing our current bed. We are currently using a memory foam mattress, which has become too soft right now. I recently ordered an adjustable base and am trying to find mattresses. I have tried a few mattresses in local stores. I like a firm mattress and my wife prefers slightly softer mattress. We are getting a split king, and planning on using 2 separate mattresses. Firmest latex mattress wasn’t as firm as I’d like it to be. Interestingly, a restonic mattress with soy foam was the firmest I’ve tried. I’m not totally convinced about sleep number. I’d like to get a natural latex mattress. Sleepez seems to tickoff a bunch of checkboxes. Posts here typically seem to be positive. Are there any gotchas that I need to be aware of.

Thanks.

Hi waresearcher,

Welcome to the site.

The first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

You can see my thoughts about airbeds in general this article. While any mattress can be a good match for a specific person because each person’s needs and preferences or the criteria that are most important to them can be very different … in general terms I would tend to avoid them unless there is a very compelling reason that an airbed would be a better choice for you in “real life” (outside of the many “marketing stories” that you will hear about them) than the many other options or types of mattresses that are available to you.

As you probably know from your reading here I think highly of SleepEZ and they are one of the members of this site which means that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. They would certainly be well worth considering.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the local options or possibilities I’m aware of as well.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. I’m in Seattle, WA. In an ideal case, I’d like to try the mattress before buying it. I’ve tried a few stores here but haven’t found something firm enough with natural latex.

Hi waresearcher,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Seattle/Tacoma area (subject to making sure that any specific mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines in my last reply) are listed in [url=https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/factory-direct-mattress-manufacturers-near-seattle-tacoma-wa]post #2 here.
[/quote]

Phoenix