Latex mattress retailer in the Westchester, NY 10589 area

I want to buy a latex mattress from a retailer in the Westchester, NY 10589 area.

You advise against going with chains so the stores in my area like Macys, Sears, Sleepys, etc. are probably not good.

I am 74 year old male of about 160 lbs. who sleeps on his side and needs to get a good mattress as soon as possible.

I have read your material and am very grateful for your time and efforts.

Please advise.

Thanks.

ps: you are doing an incredible service for man/womankind.

Hi carmody,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Westchester area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here and the Connecticut and New York lists that it also links to.

Thanks for the kind words as well … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We are from Westchester, and the only place actually in Westchester we found for good quality latex mattresses was Healthy Choice in Mt. Kisco. If you don’t mind traveling outside of Westchester, there is a Clean Bedroom in Greenwich. Almost all of their latex mattresses are Dunlop, as opposed to Healthy Choice with all Talalay. We also ended up going to the city to Scott Jordan to see the Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses. While the BE mattresses are nice, there is only one all latex mattress that comes in either firm or soft, so there is not much choice.

We ended up buying from Healthy Choice. While they are not cheap, they do seem to run frequent sales that put their prices at a significantly lower price point than Clean Bedroom. The BE at Scott Jordan was cheaper, but also much thinner. With the sale in effect when we bought, we felt we got good value compared to other offerings we tested. I will say we had an excellent experience at Healthy Choice. They have a good selection in a variety of configurations to choose from, low pressure sales, they delivered when promised. And most important, we got a quality mattress that we have loved sleeping on. Another tip-- if, once you choose a mattress, you decide like we did that you need a new pillow, the Clean Bedroom has a great selection of good quality pillows-- latex, wool, kapok, buckwheat, etc. that you can test there.

Good luck!

Most grateful for peoples very speedy responses!

We live 10 mins. from Mt. Kisco!