Latex Mattress Search near Waco Texas

First, thanks so much for this site. I’ve learned so much that I never knew about getting the best value and best night’s sleep on a mattress. My question is, I’m searching for a real latex mattress, not synthetic, with organic cotton/wool covering, as close to my vicinity as possible. I live in Waco, Texas and am having a hard time finding this in my hometown. I’m aware I will probably have to travel to test out mattresses, but if you could point me in the closest direction, I would appreciate it.

Hi Jenniferleah,

There are some retailers in Waco that carry some latex hybrids or some mostly latex mattresses (using blended Talalay) but for what you are looking for I would head in the direction of Austin and visit Bob at Sleepworld who carries a wide range of latex mattresses (including organic latex) and is the closest to you that I’m aware of. There are other natural or organic options in Austin as well that you can use as a value reference for comparison. The Austin list is in post #2 here. I don’t think any of the 4 Dallas/Ft Worth manufacturers listed in post #4 here make a mattress like what you are looking for but they may be worth calling as well just to make sure.

Some of the members here that specialize in online sales also make and sell mattresses that use either natural or organic latex and organic wool quilted covers and you can also use these as a value reference as well. They are listed in post #21 here.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix

There are some retailers in Waco that carry some latex hybrids or some mostly latex mattresses (using blended Talalay)

What are these retailers?

The other place I looked into is your suggestion of sleepworld in Austin but that’s 1.5 hours from us. kinda far but could be worth it.

brooklynbedding online looked great to me but hubby doesn’t like to buy anything ‘sight unseen’.

We’re desperate to get a new mattress and I think a king latex is the way to go. I’ve been sleeping on the sofa for over a year due to unsupportive innerspring and husband is starting to complain about shoulder/back pain. We got a topper and that helped me but not him. Our price range is keeping us at 1000-1500 max. We’ve even considered just getting a new queen innerspring to use with our foam topper. This MUST be solved by this weekend before I go crazy :S

Hi mpking,

[quote]There are some retailers in Waco that carry some latex hybrids or some mostly latex mattresses (using blended Talalay)

What are these retailers?[/quote]

Post #3 here should help :slight_smile:

There are certainly some options near you and I would first talk to the retailers or manufacturers on the list and explain what you are looking for (latex or latex hybrids) and your budget so you can narrow down the ones you want to visit and save some time.

Phoenix