Latex mattress shopping in Madison, WI.

We’re moving to Madison, Wi in the near future and will be buying new furniture, including a bed and mattress, when we get there. Are you aware of a place in that area where we can purchase a latex mattress along the lines of those from Sleep EZ where the various layers can be interchanged to ensure comfort? Would you recommend buying on-line rather than from a real store? Given our desire to have interchangeable components, would you recommend EZ or Flexus Comfort. What are the pros/cons between these two? Thanks.

Hi alskling,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Madison area are listed in post #5 here.

One of these carries several component latex mattresses including Savvy Rest which are also 2, 3, or 4 layers of 3" latex with a cotton/wool quilted cover.

Some local manufacturers will also make layer adjustments to a mattress you purchase although you would need to bring the mattress to them to open it up and make the necessary changes.

I don’t recommend one or the other because it depends on the parts of each person’s personal value equation that are most important to them. There is also more about the pros and cons of a local vs an online purchase in this thread and the posts it links to.

I don’t make specific recommendations about “what” to purchase only about “how” to choose so that each of the forum members here can base their choice on the parts of their personal value equation that are most important to them (not to me). Both of these are members here which means that I believe that they both compete well with the best in the industry, neither one would be a mistake in terms of quality or value, and you would be making a final choice between “good and good” (see post #2 here).

Phoenix

PS: I deleted your other topic which was a duplicate.

Thanks for your quick help. We’ll check these options out.

I stopped by the Verlo showroom in Madison and it’s small. They don’t have their full line of mattresses available to try out. Also, the mattresses aren’t all labeled, so you don’t know what you are looking at. They only had one talalay latex mattress, unlabeled, which I identified by feel and then confirmed with the salesperson. There were a few others that included a layer of latex in the top layer, but they weren’t true latex mattresses. The salesperson wasn’t particularly interested in discussing latex. I had already checked out their website, and expected to see at least 3 latex mattresses, so just letting you know the showroom is small.

Hi Bouven,

Thanks for the feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

I’ve included a comment beside the Verlo listing in the Madison list that linked to your post so that others will know they don’t carry the whole lineup.

Phoenix