Latex Mattress Sources For British Columbia Canada & Help Choosing Preferences

It’s time to upgrade to my first quality mattress. It is very hard to find accurate and non misleading information on the internet. Through all my research though I have decide to go the Latex route. I am having a problem finding a quality retailer that will ship to the Penticton, British Columbia Canada area.

I do not have a preference on Natural Vs Blend as long as it is of high quality.

The latex Mattress retailers don’t seem to be on the same page some are selling a medium firm mattress for side and back sleepers at 6" and others at over 12". It makes you really wonder how much is actually necessary so you can purchase one with the correct amount for your body type and sleep positions.
After reading through all the pages relevant to latex on the website section here. I am still having some problems understanding the thickness of the comfort and support layers and the firmness i require. I am currently on a firm innerspring and it served me well but when I go to relatives I enjoy the little bit cushier feeling of some of the mattresses.

Here are some quotes from the latex sections of the website that i believe apply to me.

a. “Average person Comfort Layer 2”-4""
b. “Average Weight Average Thickness and Softness of the Comfort Layers and Support Layers”

C. I don’t have belly so not sure which one of the following i fit.
“Average weight distribution and average body shape = average thickness and softness comfort layers and average firmness support layers”

"Even weight distribution and flatter than average body shape = thinner/firmer comfort layers and average support layers"

Here are my Stats

Primary Sleep Position: Side
Secondary Sleep Position: Back
Weight: 200 lbs
Height 6’ 1"
Weight Distribution: Even
Body Type: Straight

Any help with finding a retailer and / or helping me understand the thickness of the layers and firmness of the layers I require would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Marz,

There isn’t a specific thickness that anyone requires because it would depend on many factors including the type and firmness of the layers and on the body type, sleeping style, and preferences of the person. Overall … there are too many variables involved and I would avoid trying to figure out which mattress may be a good match for you based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or theory and use your own careful and objective testing instead (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). In very general terms … heavier body types may do better with thicker mattresses but this is only very generic because it always depends on the specifics of the mattress and the person (see post #14 here for more about the effects of thickness).

The better options and possibilities in the Okanogan valley that I’m aware of (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix