Latex Mattress

First - thank you so much for providing such a comprehensive website!

We currently have a Natura natural latex firm mattress with no cushion top (tight top with thin wool topper) that we purchased 8 years ago. I am not sure exactly which model it was. Both of us sleep well on it and are noticeably less comfortable when travelling or visiting while sleeping on other mattresses. We live in north-eastern Ontario and are not easily able to test mattresses at stores other than the big brand names, which is not what we are looking for.

We are hoping to purchase a good quality (natural) latex mattress online with similar attributes to the firm Natura, including decent edge support. This is very hard to deduce from all the websites! It is for a cottage so we are finding it hard to justify the high price tag of the Natura. Based on our preference of our current mattress are you able to help us narrow the large field of options?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Krim1,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

You’re very welcome.

Without knowing the specifications of your product I wouldn’t be able to make specific comparisons for you, but I’ll do my best. Also, if you give me the closest town to your location, I can search and see if I know of any retailers closer to your home.

Again, without knowing the specifications of your current mattress as a starting point, I can only provide general guidance. If you’re able to find the law tag on your mattress with the model name, I can do a better job. Going back about eight years ago, the Natura “Natural” latex line was using Talalay latex in the comfort layers, with some mattresses using Talalay for the core and some using polyfoam. Chances are that if your mattress has a firmer edge, it may be a Natura model with a polyfoam core. There are some comments about edge support with latex or other foam mattresses in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

If you do desire to look online, you can use the experience and expertise of the members listed in post #21 here who are all very experienced and knowledgeable and specialize in providing the type of help and guidance on the phone that can help you make good choices. There are a wide range of latex options included in the choices there and I believe that all of them compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. There is also a list of online mattress sources for Canadians in post #21 here.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc.) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs, options, and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

I’ll look forward to your reply on your location and if you can find the name of your mattress from the law tag.

Phoenix

Thank you so much for your response!

I found the tag - it is a Natura ‘Celebrity’.

We are located in Petawawa Ont.

Hi Krim1,

The Natura Celebrity is approximately 8" thick and is an all-Talalay latex mattress, using a cotton knit smooth top with wool backing. The bottom 6" core is approximately 35 ILD, and the top 2" is 26-32 ILD. I believe this Talalay was from Radium, and it was blended. That should help you as you do some research either locally or online.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Ottawa area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here ) are listed in posts #2 and #3 here . I have a list here for North Bay and Sudbury. I know these towns are a bit of a drive from your home, but that’s what I have found that is closest to your home.

Phoenix

Hello Everyone !!

I would like to say that the Latex Mattress comes with fine air chambers that will help mid-air circulation comfortably. It is built the mattress that only provides you comfort and no pain. When you lay your body on the bed, you will get instant mental peace and this will release good body hormone and you will feel happy and relaxed with a perfect Good night time sleep. Next morning, you wake up with a fresh and happy laugh on the face. That is merely the right item for your bedroom to have a complete happy moment with your family.

Thanks People :lol: :wink:

Hi Trixiewilson,

Your post is promotional (and has been deleted) and is a violation of the rules of the forum. Any further posts of this nature will result in the termination of your posting privileges here.

Phoenix