Latex mattress

Wanting to buy a latex mattress, getting very confused. I think we want a 100% latex, not a hybrid. Here is where I get confused, natural talalay latex vs talalay latex. My understanding is that the talalay latex is the process in which it is made and if it just says talalay. It can have some petroleum products mixed in. I don’t really care whether it is natural or not, just want the best mattress. Looking at the premium natural latex at Arizona bed, but they also have a blended latex. My husband is primarily a back sleeper with some side sleeping and I am primarily stomach with some side sleeping. I am 125 lbs, he is 210 lbs. is there a difference in how the blended latex compared to the natural latex holds up. Thanks!!!

Hi bwilli222,

I noticed that you registered with your email as your username which means that automated spambots will be able to harvest your email and add you to their spam lists. If you’d like I can remove the @ and the domain after it and change your username to just bwilli222 (or any username you wish).

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and more about natural vs blended Talalay specifically in post #2 here that should be helpful.

Phoenix

Yes please remove the @ and domain, and thank you for catching that. I did not realize I had given my complete email address. I will just use bwilli222.

Ok, I read the post and feel better informed. Is there somewhere in the Knoxville or upper East Tennessee area that we could test latex mattresses? I checked some online prices of your members and want to order online. Thanks for your help

Hi bwilli222,

Done :slight_smile:

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Knoxville area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix