Latex Mattresses in Buffalo NY?

Before ordering a Select Sleep 13" from SleepEZ I would like to try out some latex mattresses locally to at get a starting point to what my with and I like in terms of firmness. Do you know of any shops that sell 100% latex mattresses in Buffalo? If not, perhaps nearby Rochester, Syracuse or Erie PA?

Hi gemahon,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list you wish to deal with is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets your criteria and the quality/value guidelines here … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Buffalo, NY area are listed in post #29 here .

Jamestown mattress (call to see what they have on the floor of any showroom you might visit) and Metro Mattress would be your best bets for latex. A few of the other stores listed may carry one or two latex models offered by the brands they carry, but you’d want to call beforehand to get the specifications of those products to see if it would be worth your time to visit.

While trying out various latex mattresses can give you “an idea” of how such a product might feel, realize that all of the layers of a mattress work together, and changes in the amount of latex, the blend, the manufacturer, the style (Dunlop or Talalay), the thickness of the layers, the FR barrier and even the covering will all influence the overall comfort and wouldn’t necessarily be representative of any mattress you’re considering from SleepEZ.

If you are considering a latex mattress, you certainly would be looking at something that uses high quality and durable materials, and as you may be aware, SleepEZ is a site member here, which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

I’ll be interested in learning what you find out on your visit(s).

Phoenix