Latex Mattresses too hard, NeoLuxe Mattress Non Toxic?

Hi sb2018,

Thanks for getting back to me. I k ow this is a big deal when you are expecting From a broad perspective, there are really on two types of foam in the mattress business. Polyurethane foam and latex foam. Memory foam, polyfoam, high resiliency foam (HR), high-density (HD) foam are all common industry names of polyurethane foam. For Latex its about 100% natural latex and blended latex, which is a blend natural and synthetic latex. The TMU links are linked bit further in this post.

Generally speaking, almost every mattress description of specifications if the manufacturer brand does not clearly state It’s a latex foam, or talk about some coils, or innerspring, then it’s chance it’s always going to be some formal polyurethane foam. Also, I just want to be clear, the Silver Foam Comfort foam is also a polyurethane foam. I am certianly not saying these foams are toxic.

Regarding toxicity and one’s children, and pregnancy, this is a highly personal choice, so we at TMU don’t say something is “toxic” for babies, we focus on the material quality and the transperancy of the compoanies manufacturing and selling the mattresses. Here is a post Phoenix wrote about cosumers and what is safe for children.

Here are the links about latex foam - support cores and comfort layers.

Polyurethane foam - Support cores and comfort layers.ou can see and CertiPur on their website. Frist page tells you this:

CertiPUR-US certified foams are:
✓ Made without ozone depleters
✓ Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants
✓ Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
✓ Made without formaldehyde
✓ Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
✓ Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)

Here is the Oeko-Tex site

Regarding AH Beard, I am aware they purchased Talalay in the past and still today and one of our consumer members and expert members mentioned Talalay. I have no information how they compare to Zenbed or Hypnos.

Review sites are a whole other story!! I don’t trust many mattress review sites, and same about negative reviews…I like this NYTimes article about negative reviews.

I know this sounds like a ton more information, but I hope we can help make this decision for your family and especially the new baby. Congrats!!! Good luck and message back if you have other questions.

Thanks,
Sensei