Latex: Nature's Sleep in Canada?

Hi azuresleeping,

Nasafoam is the name of a company not the name of a material in a mattress and a google search on “Nasafoam reviews” will bring up some of the information I and others are referring to … particularly in some of the reviews and threads in several forums that discuss them in connection with coupon “deals”.

Again … each person needs to make their own decisions but as bcsteeve mentioned I would proceed with caution and use “best judgement”.

Phoenix

Has anyone purchased from naturessleep.ca??I am seeing this deal and its hard to pass up… please help with some advise.

Hi, Im sorry you have totally misunderstood our conversation,

Yes i am involved with many companies, although with regards to Natures Sleep the only products we carry is Latex, Dunlop and Talalay.

Thanks
George

Hi Pheonix,

Hope your well, firstly natural bedding, sonno, maverick and some others are independent dealers, of my products…
Take Care
George

Good Day, BCSTEVE,

Firstly to clear the air, the negative feedback on line from (2011 − 2012) you are referring to has nothing to do with natures sleep.
Yes a dealer had arranged a sale thru Kijiji daily deals (they are no longer in business as they have shut down that end of kijiji)

to make a long story short no consumer who purchased that deal got their product. why Kijiji deals didn’t pay me for the merchandise and after 2 months of waiting for payment , i called the deal off for breach of contract for non payment.

any business would do the same thing, so in that case don’t believe everything you read!

Cheers
George

?

[quote="Natures Sleep Canada " post=23391]Good Day, BCSTEVE,

Firstly to clear the air, the negative feedback on line from (2011 − 2012) you are referring to has nothing to do with natures sleep.
Yes a dealer had arranged a sale thru Kijiji daily deals (they are no longer in business as they have shut down that end of kijiji)

to make a long story short no consumer who purchased that deal got their product. why Kijiji deals didn’t pay me for the merchandise and after 2 months of waiting for payment , i called the deal off for breach of contract for non payment.

any business would do the same thing, so in that case don’t believe everything you read!

Cheers
George[/quote]

You wrote that to me George, but I don’t understand it. I never said anything about any “negative feedback on line”, so I couldn’t have been “referring to” anything of the sort. I’ve only relayed my concerns about my personal conversations with you by phone and email.

However, now that you bring up this Kijiji deal that went bad… that does give me even more concern. As a business person myself, I believe whole-heartedly that it is the business that chooses to accept a risk in the HOPE of a reward (in the form of a profit). The customer isn’t privy to that reward, and thus does not partake in the risk. So when a 3rd party (in this case, Kijiji) doesn’t pay you… that shouldn’t AT ALL affect your responsibility toward the customers that paid good money in expectation of getting a product. Now, if they got their money back from Kijiji, I suppose all’s well that ends well, and I should hope that was the case! But this reminds me of a recent event here in Kelowna. We had a local version of this kind of social deals thing (like Groupon, etc). It was called Twongo (and later GoSango). It went belly up and a whole bunch of businesses went unpaid. Customers had already paid but the businesses weren’t getting any of it. SUCKS TO BE THE BUSINESS, but that’s the risk you take as a profit-seeking business! The respectable ones still honored their deals. They sucked it up, provided the product or service and wrote off the loss as they absolutely should. Those that felt “it wasn’t my fault” and refused to service their customers, are what I call “crooks” (but you call “any business”). Some of them would have had to declare bankruptcy had they honored their deals… and while that’s unfortunate, that’s what they should have done. What they chose to do instead was far worse. They now continue to operate a meager existence with this stain that will never go away. Some even changed their name hoping it wouldn’t follow them (sound familiar?).

Of course, that’s just an anecdote. I’m not saying that relates exactly to what happened in your case. But your flippant “any business would do the same thing” got me a bit fired up. I absolutely would not have. I would have taken advantage of the situation and made sure the local papers and radio knew I was going above and beyond to honor them even though I wasn’t getting paid. But I guess that’s just me.

Anyway, that’s beside the point. My point is that you were quoting me as having referred to this past sour online deal. I didn’t.

• Steven

Hi Steve, You misunderstood,

Kijiji collected the money then ended up refunding there clients,
i couldn’t deliver product that wasn’t paid for?? and of course it was kijiji responsibility not mine to refund as they had there clients money…(Which they did in the end)

Cheers
George

I don’t think I misunderstood… I acknowledged that I didn’t have all the particulars to make a completely informed opinion. As I said:[quote]Now, if they got their money back from Kijiji, I suppose all’s well that ends well, and I should hope that was the case![/quote]And I’m glad to hear that was the case. In any event, I never brought that up… I never even knew about it before you mentioned it.

I admit I have a poor opinion of those social “deal” sites anyway, after having been personally “screwed” on several deals by Groupon and the aforementioned Twongo. I’m sure that negative bias came through in my last statement and it, perhaps, unfairly tainted the post with a negative light to you. I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t my intent… but it was unfair since I didn’t have all the info, so I’m sorry for that.

Hi Steve,
No worries, you’re a Gentleman for apologizing, Thank you.

All The Best to you, and i honestly hope you purchase a Latex mattress (regardless who you purchase from) rather than settling for an inferior sleep system. Eg, Coil, Memory foam. I am certain you will be glad you did!

Cheers,
George

Well, sadly enough… I did settle. I got a “good deal” on a low-end (roughly $700) innerspring from… don’t hate me… Sleep Country. The fact is, we needed a bed now. Our old bed sucks. It really sucks. We haven’t slept in over a month since we started this search. As I’ve said earlier (or on another thread, I can’t remember), I actually did myself a bit of a disservice by doing all this research because this industry is so horrible at giving customers the information they need to make decisions. I inevitably found myself confused and that prolonged the already long search. Basically, I drove myself (and my wife) nuts in this regard. I quickly narrowed down to wanting latex, but then stumbled on only having one local retailer… whom I eventually ruled out for a few reasons. That left me with online, and that just adds to the risk of getting it wrong.

But at least I have “an out”. We made our decision logically, I believe. We need a bed for our guestroom anyway, where it will get at most 20 nights a year of use. So when we chose the $700 bed, we did that using criteria for the guestroom. It will undoubtedly be better than our 13 year old Sealy, so it gets us by while I continue my process. My only worry, I guess, is that it is more comfortable than I expect and I get lulled into wanting to use it as our long-term daily sleeper. I know, in my head, that if I did that… this thing would be in a landfill in under 5 years. For me, that’s a primary concern (the environmental impact) so I really want to find a latex bed for long term use.

After my most recent email exchange with you George, I do feel I may have come to the wrong conclusion about you. I’m not sure. I certainly hope my concerns are unfounded and people who do buy from you are thrilled with their purchases. But for me, I can’t get there. Too many little “alarm bells” and too little history to be comfortable with a transaction of that magnitude without being able to see the product in person. I hope you don’t take that too personally. I do hope everything about your business is legit and wish you the best if it is.

Honestly, I hope a few people take “the chance” and post here saying how awesome you and your beds are! I’ll eat crow if warranted.

Hi George,

Thanks first of all for registering in the forum and answering questions. I enjoyed our conversation a few days ago a lot and it was clear to me that you are knowledgeable about mattresses and the industry and have some “roots” in the industry. As I do in many cases though I was quite surprised when further research discovered your many connections to other companies and one of them in particular (Nasafoam) has some particularly negative feedback on the web … whether it is justified or not. My “assumption” and understanding from our conversation was that you really were “out of the business” and were now just selling latex mattresses because of a passion for “sleeping on latex” and that you would never go back to selling other types of mattresses.

I hope you don’t mind if I ask you some questions because of course one of the goals of the forum is to help people understand that who you buy from is just as important as what you buy and there are a few unanswered questions that I think it would be helpful to clarify.

The first one and the most obvious is your relationship to the other companies (listed earlier in this thread) that are connected to you either through their phone numbers, through your location, or through your personal involvement. Are all of these (and others) still part of what you are actively involved with ?

Second would be to clarify the materials you are using in your mattresses. I think that the source of your Dunlop is fairly clear (also mentioned earlier) but it would be helpful to confirm that it was 100% natural Dunlop and whether it was molded or continuous pour. It would also be helpful to know whether you are using Radium or Latex International as your source of Talalay latex and to confirm whether it was 100% natural or blended (or whether you offer a choice between them) because Latex Global doesn’t appear to supply Talalay.

I am also curious how you plan to “control” all the distributors that you hope to attract to your business. This appeared to be part of the problem with Nasafoam that distributors were acting outside of their authority but if this happens once again then it could lead to the same problem. I know from our conversation that you are answering the phone for at least some of them so that the information is consistent but are you planning to continue this so that you don’t end up with many “opportunists” that start saying anything they can or “racing to the bottom” in order to make the sale and driving more legitimate distributors out of business?

An earlier post in this thread also mentioned a current promotion here which seems to have a similar “flavor” to some of the earlier promotions. Is this coming from you or from one of your distributors. I also notice that there is an enticement to “refer 3 friends” to get your mattress for free which could end up with your customers as salespeople and possibly providing information that was incorrect in an effort to get their mattress for free. This has some of the “feel” of some multilevel companies that have distributors that will say or do anything in order to “recruit” their friends into an idea that they have bought into. It is heavily weighted towards marketing more than education … although I do realize it can be effective. It can also lead to a flood of “stereotyped reviews” that people write as part of the process of trying to sell others on what they have bought.

Do you have plans in place to control the distributors you hope to recruit?

Overall you appear to have some very good quality/value mattresses available and you clearly “know your stuff” but clarifying some of the questions that on a forum like this can be a legitimate reason for caution and some of the connections and businesses you are currently involved in would go a long way to reconciling what I “thought” I heard on our conversation with what some of the information earlier in this thread appears to point to.

Thanks again for taking the time to post here and to reply to what I realize may be some “difficult” questions.

Phoenix

George

Hi Natures Sleep Canada,

I’m not sure if you were replying to me or bcsteve but hopefully you will have the chance to reply to some of the questions and comments in my last reply.

I think that part of this is that so often in the industry what appears to be a “good deal” often isn’t and it’s important for a consumer to know the difference between a “good deal” and “cheap”. Value is always about much more than just price or the raw material cost of a mattress and there are many factors that may be important parts of each person’s personal value equation that have as much to do with the entire purchase experience both before and after a purchase and the service of the retailer or manufacturer they purchase from as the mattress itself.

Again … price is only one part of value and all the objective, subjective, and even intangible parts of a mattress purchase that are most important to each person and the ability to have the accurate information that makes meaningful comparisons possible are more important than just price alone … although of course price is always an important part of any “value equation”. Those that look at price alone often tend to make the biggest mistakes.

If you take a specific retailer or manufacturer out of the picture (in this case you as Nature’s Sleep) … then I think that you and most people would agree that knowing what you are paying for, what you will receive, and when you will receive it are just as important and due diligence about the mattress, the retailer or manufacturer you are purchasing from, and their reputation and history is always an important part of an informed decision. All of these are the basis of “trust” which is always an important part of any purchase.

If everything involved with the purchase went as expected then of course it has good value but it’s never safe to assume this in the broader market and there are many instances where similar “deals” with other companies (including with Nasafoam) have fallen apart and then the “value” of the purchase isn’t particularly good at all and a transaction that seemed to have great value certainly wasn’t.

None of this is of course about Nature’s Sleep specifically … only about the importance of due diligence and “risk management” in any mattress purchase in general … particularly when it is online.

I hope you have the chance to answer some of the questions from my earlier post or at least let us know which ones you aren’t comfortable answering so that each person can decide on the “value” of a purchase from Nature’s Sleep or any of the other related sites based on the criteria that are most important to them.

I also hope you don’t take any of this personally and understand that these are just legitimate questions that should be asked of any retailer or manufacturer as part of transparency, knowing who you are dealing with, and good research.

Phoenix

They are legitimate questions. And its unfortunate he chose to respond to a very old post instead of yours, which we’re all waiting for.

Btw, I don’t think he was responding to either of us Phoenix. It seems apparent he’s responding to post #12

Hi bcsteve,

I think you’re probably right … and I also hope that some of the unanswered questions can be moved into the “answered” column :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Did anyone end up buying the LivingSocial deal? It says 19 purchased… I hope somebody has feedback from their purchase!

Still hunting…

I am currently looking to buy a new mattress (feeling very overwhelmed but thankful for all the valuable info this website has provided). I found this company’s website and was interested but wanted to do more research and found this thread. Reading through the posts made me feel skeptical but still considering them, until I read the post about Kijiji Daily Deals. I am VERY wary of daily deals, but I actually worked for Kijiji Daily Deals, as did some of my close friends. I checked with a couple friends to make sure I was remembering right, but the reason they weren’t paid by Kijiji Daily Deals is because they didn’t provide the product. The reason I’m wary of daily deals is not because of the deal companies themselves, but there are a lot of shady companies that don’t provide the service/product and then blame the deal company. Anyway, I just wanted to share this info. Maybe people will end up getting a great mattress from them, but I personally wouldn’t go near them.

Thanks for your valuable input Tasoz~

Hi tasoz,

Ditto to Nat’s comments :slight_smile:

I still hope that they will provide more meaningful answers to some of the questions in this thread but in the meantime if I was considering a purchase from them I would be more inclined to make a purchase of one of their mattresses if I was local and that I could test in person in their showroom and take the mattress home that I purchased on the same day I paid for it.

Phoenix