Latex over foam?

I am having a hard time deciding on the best options for our new mattress. We live in Chicago and are searching for a good quality full latex mattress or a hybrid latex over foam mattress.
Are there any local retailers/manufacturers we should try? We tried a roomandboard full latex model ($1999 queen sz) today but we came away not fully sold as the 1.5 inch comfort layer on each side of a 6 inch latex support layer seamed a bit too firm for us. Now we are considering the ultimate dreams latex over foam model available on amazon for $600 but I am a bit concerned with the quality at such a comparatively low price.

Hi Sleep deprived,

The list of the better options in Chicagoland is in post #2 and #4 here.

One of these is both local in Chicago and a member here and I would recommend them.

A forum search on qualitysleep or on mygreenmattress (you can just click these) will bring up much more information and feedback about them.

Quite frankly if I was in the Chicago area I wouldn’t buy any mattress either locally or online without paying them a visit and they would likely be the first … and probably the last place I would visit.

Phoenix