Latex over Memory Foam ?

Hi g1981c,

This is just a personal preference … although it’s not my first preference either. I’m not a fan of sleeping “in” a mattress which is typical for most memory foam. I’m also not a fan of thick layers of memory foam because of the tendency of memory foam to “creep” over the course of the night (meaning it becomes softer and “allows” more sinking in over time). With an inch or so of latex over a thinner layer of memory foam (say only 2" or so) over a more resilient foam (such as more latex) it reduces both the sleeping “in” the mattress feeling, and the “creep” that can be connected with thicker layers of memory foam but “allows” some of the feeling of the memory foam to come through.

Is some sense this would have some similarities to a “dominating layer” concept but any comparison between memory foam and a “fast response” foam can never really be apples to apples because they are so different and the ILD of memory foam changes with many factors. If anything it would reduce cradling a bit.

In some vague way yes but once again this would be more of a typical “dominating” layer. Any comparisons between memory foam and latex are really apples to oranges. You can read more about dominating layers in post #8 here and the posts it links to. TD-Max is one of the members that prefers the “feel” and performance of a dominating layer and designed his mattress around the Nutrition.

Phoenix