Latex Question for Phoenix

I saw the Amazon mattresses you often refer to but arent they just 3 or 2 inches of Talalay on top of a fake foam base??Question #2How do you feel these compare to all latex thru and thru? Im used to a 6inch Dunlop mattress but its over 20 yrs old now and needs replaced.
Question #3What company should I order from for a good 100% no synthetic dunlop /Talalay mattress. I want a thicker mattress than 6 inches, Id prefer one 10 to 12 inches if possible. I just like the way it looks better in my bed frame. (sleighbed). I appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks!! Karen
(I live in sarasota fl)

Hi jacekaren,

The layering details are on the amazon site but they have 3" of Talalay latex with 1.5" of quilting polyfoam on top and a high quality 2.35 lb polyfoam base layer. I’ve never heard polyfoam called “fake” foam (synthetic perhaps) … but it’s just a category of foam and there is higher and lower quality just like with all materials. In this case the quality is on the high side (it would be similar to Tempurpedic support foam for example and higher quality polyfoam than is usually used in mainstream mattresses that cost much more).

Post #2 here has my thoughts about a latex/polyfoam hybrid vs an all latex mattress. I would certainly choose all latex if my budget allowed it but there are many where it doesn’t so this can be a good “budget” alternative for those where budget doesn’t allow for all latex.

If you let me know the city or zip you live I’d be happy to let you know of any of the local options I’m aware of (where you could actually test the mattress in person). This would probably be the first place I would look so you could get a sense of the type of latex mattress you prefer. The worst case is this could provide good reference points for an online purchase if the local value wasn’t roughly equivalent (I usually use a 20% difference between local and online as “equivalent” value because of the extra risk involved in an online order).

As far as online goes … the list of the members here that sell mattresses online (many of them have all latex in different designs and price ranges) are in post #21 here. These are among the best quality and value in the country and they also are good to work with on the phone to help you identify what would work best for your needs and preferences. There is a wide variety of different designs and options here.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix

Hi jacekaren,

I was doing some research in Sarasota, FL in the last couple of days and in searching the forum I realized that you had already mentioned where you were and for some reason I seem to have missed it and even asked you in the last post if you would let me know where you lived. In any case … there is now a list for the Sarasota area in post #5 here if it’s still helpful to you.

My apologies for not noticing that you had already provided your city!

Phoenix