Latex smell - does it ever go away?

John,

Iā€™m also very sensitive to perfumes and VOCā€™s in general (I notice them but donā€™t have any sort of reaction). With my latex I noticed a smell but after a month it has diminished greatly. What I can smell t hese days only happens once I pull off the covers to get into bed.

Now my in-laws gave us some latex pillows* and they put off an acrid smell for a couple of weeks.

*Solid piece latex, not shredded latex.

Hi Mark in Texas,

Thank you for your question. We use talalay latex from latex international (we are very close in proximity to the actual factory in CT). We have been selling latex for over 50 years. Hope that helps.

Best,

Sara
Manager
Comfort Sleep Systems
Branford, CT
www.comfortss.com

Thanks Sara. Was just curious. You have a nice site and product line up.

Huh? :frowning: Nothing like being a slave to the ol forum. The 16 hour days, 7 days a week is gonna kill ya hombre!

BTW, revised my previous LI ownership post. Dick/Nancy are co-owners of LI and Dick sits on the board.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Itā€™s certainly not in the plan to continue those types of hours indefinitely and I enjoy this type of intensive project that is challenging on both the technical and intuitive side of things (see post #4 here) but in the time I have itā€™s been a labor of love and I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

Phoenix