Latex soft-firm-soft construction?

Hi,

I’m wondering about a particular Latex mattress which “is constructed using a 3″ firm latex inner core that is sandwiched between two layers of 2″ soft latex”. Is this unusual? Normal progressive construction has the firmest layer on the bottom, not sandwiched between two softer layers.

What are the advantages of soft-firm-soft? One, I guess the mattress becomes flippable.

What are the disadvantages?

Thanks.

Hi LJGMDAD,

[quote]I’m wondering about a particular Latex mattress which “is constructed using a 3″ firm latex inner core that is sandwiched between two layers of 2″ soft latex”. Is this unusual? Normal progressive construction has the firmest layer on the bottom, not sandwiched between two softer layers.

What are the advantages of soft-firm-soft? One, I guess the mattress becomes flippable.

What are the disadvantages?[/quote]

The type of construction you are referring to is a two sided construction which has the support core in the middle and then has comfort layers on each side.

There is more about the pros and cons of one sided vs two sided mattresses in posts #3 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix

Thank you very much for your extremely useful responses throughout the forum.