Latex text mattress 14534

First I want to say I’m really enjoying your blog…It’s great information but I’m still a bit overwhelmed. I’m looking for an all natural latex mattress in the 14534 area, Upstate NY. I’m highly allergic to off-gases and was hoping you can recommend someone in my area or my best online choice. After doing what I thought was due diligence as per some of your suggestions, the company I was going to buy from did not have your seal of approval. I was also wondering what your thoughts were on having a white glove delivery and if you think its necessary. I live alone and it seems like you need some pretty strong men to put the bed together. Thank you for your time

Hi Simone,

The better options in and around Rochester, NY that I’m aware of (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #11 here.

The tutorial post includes this link to a list of the members here that sell online (in the optional online step) and many of them sell latex mattresses that use different types and blends of latex with a wide range of designs, features, options and price ranges that would all be well worth considering.

While latex layers are very heavy and “floppy” and can be difficult to handle so it really depends on your circumstances. For most people, a component latex mattress is fairly easy to put together with two people but can be difficult with only one so in most cases it wouldn’t be “necessary” if you have access to one or more “helpers”. For some people though it would certainly be an option that would be well worth any additional cost but you are in the best position to decide whether it would be a worthwhile option for you.

Phoenix