Latex topper firmness in combination with air mattress for side sleeper

Dear Phoenix,

I went to KenMichaels Furniture in their Downtown Clearance Center Milwaukee and got helped a lot. Awesome!
Layed on a 6" core 32 ILD all Talalay. Layed on 36ILD and 28ILD. 32 was good for my spinal alignment, felt good therefore though a little firm. They had two different bottoms: a plain firm one and a boxspring. I could not tell much different but the boxspring was a little softer so better. 28 was too soft and 36 too firm, both leading to lower back pain. Before, I could never tell if it was too soft and thought I needed to go even softer.

I also went somewhere else and layed on 8" 32 Talalalay plus 1.5" of plush Talalay, I think 23ILD.
Felt good as well, I could not tell a difference of a thicker to a thinner core.

I also layed on 32ILD plus pillowtop, and it did not feel better (not sure if it was worse).

I believe that personally, the alignment is the most important to me (so to not have lower back pain) and therefore the core is what counts mainly.

Sleeponlatex makes organic dunlop layers for a great price, so since I haven’t found anything comparable, I am planning to get a 3" 30 ILD Dunlop layer to play around with, in combination with the 24Talalay topper that I have, that hasn’t really felt good though mostly (too soft) and with the airmattresses. I am counting on that this will be the solution, and this week I can try out some more with 3" 32 ILD layer.
I wonder, since i sank in only about an inch, if the 3" will be enough, or if I can add another 2-3" afterwards someday to get the same effect than a 6" core. I wonder if the production makes them as 3" pieces or if they cut 6"pieces… because due to the settling of the material on the bottom in the dunlop process, then a 3" piece would be denser than a 6" I imagine.

Do you have any more ideas and do you think this is a relatively safe choice? Since I am switching from testing Talalay 32 6" to buying Dunlop 30 ILD 3", I wonder what risks are there… I read this post on it: https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/talalay-vs-dunlop-core-layers-can-you-trust-the-ild-ratings
Is the measuring at 25% compression in a 3" topper at 3/4" while in a 6" core it would be at 1.5"?
I would be up for buying a core, too, haven’t found one in 30-32ild though, or which ILD would I need as a dunlop? I tend to dunlop cause talalay felt less good and is not organic.