Latex Topper Help ???

I’m looking to purchase a latex topper to make my mattress a little softer. When I say mattress I really mean a piece of foam. With this sites help I purchased a 5" piece of foam from Albany Foam. Have had it for over a year. No odor, no high or low spots. The foam is model 1835 - 1.8 density - 35 compression. I’m 5’9" 150 pounds. When I lay on it my shoulder area and pelvic area (heaviest areas when lying down) compress the foam maybe 2 inches.The foam is on pegboard so it doesn’t sink between slats. Looking for a comfort layer that would well just give a little more comfort. Was thinking 2 or 3 inches of latex and not sure if I should get something in soft or medium
I toss and turn a lot, so I can’t consider myself a side or back sleeper. Come to think of it I wake up on my stomach a lot. Every once in awhile I have some pains but nothing major.

this site seems to be reasonable

thanks in advance
Jay

hji jasesun23,

If a mattress is too firm and there are no soft spots or sagging in the mattress then a good quality topper can certainly be an effective way to add some additional softness and pressure relief although the only way to know whether a specific mattress/topper combination is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP is based on your own careful testing or personal experience on the combination. If you can’t test the combination in person then there is always some risk and uncertainty involved in adding a topper because the specifics of the mattress itself along with your own body type, sleeping position, and preferences can affect which specific topper would be a suitable choice on any specific mattress.

There is more information about choosing a topper in post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to which along with a conversation with a reliable supplier that can provide you with good information about how their toppers compare to each other or to other toppers they are familiar with that are available on the market can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point and guideline to help you choose the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the least possible risk and the best chance for success. It also includes a link to a list of some of the better online sources for toppers I’m aware of (including Sleep On Latex) and a link to the online suppliers that have good exchange/return policies as well.

Phoenix