Latex Topper

I recently purchase the Pure Latex Bliss 3 inch fast response mattress topper from Healthyback.com. I did this because my new Saatva mattress is too firm and I wanted to make it softer and plusher. As it turns out, their price was slightly higher than most, but I bought it from them because of their return policy (30 days from the purchase date). After sleeping on it for one night, I immediately took it off of my bed. My back and my wife’s back were both sore. The customer service rep at Healthy Back told me that the topper was probably too soft and too thick for the two of you. They suggested that I try the 2 inch version of the PLB fast response topper.

I’m not sure if I should try their 2 inch version (I do have to eat the shipping cost, around $100), or buy it from another supplier that has a liberal return policy. Any suggestions would help.

Hi 2manybeds,

The PLB toppers are the softest latex they make and as Healthy Back told you your experience points to the 3" topper being too thick and soft. The 2" version is also the same softness level … only thinner … so while this would make a less risky choice than the 3" version you still may do better with something slightly firmer.

I would start with reading the topper guidelines in post #2 here and the posts it links to which may be helpful in deciding what thickness and firmness level may have the highest odds of success for you (although your own experience will always be the most effective way of knowing for sure).

Post #4 here also has some of the better sources for toppers I’m aware of but as you are mentioning when you are dealing with uncertainty because you haven’t tested or slept on a specific mattress/topper combination I would also make sure you are clear about all the specifics of their exchange or return policies which will vary from no exchanges or returns at all to much more liberal exchange or return policies.

Phoenix