Layering my own Latex mattress vs. getting a "solid/glued" mattress + P-132 question

Hi solsken,

[quote]I have seen it mentioned on other sites that did not recommend the changeable layers due to:

1. The mattresses will shift around (kind of how a topper might on top of the bed)
  2. The mattresses will “bunch up” (especially in an adjustable bed, which is what I’m looking to use)

Love the idea of the changeable layers, and the ability to customize, but obviously do not want a mattress that is not performing as anticipated once I’m done monkeying with the actual firmness etc.[/quote]

You can see my thoughts about glued layers vs component layers and zip covers vs “finished” covers that are tape edged in post #2 here and the posts it links to. It’s not something that would normally be an issue with a component latex mattress with a good quality tight fitting cover and the fact that probably tens of thousands of people have purchased this type of mattress over a period of decades with so few negative comments or issues really says more than anything else.

[quote]Also, has anyone had any experience with the P-132 head adjustment?
It seems like a great feature as that was the one thing I noticed when I tried the ergomotion 600 at the store, it did not support the head at all, so I had to bunch up a pillow underneath for the TV / reading position.[/quote]

My own adjustable bed doesn’t have an articulating head but I have certainly talked with others that own and use them that say they prefer them when they are sitting up and I can certainly see why. I think they are a good idea.

[quote]And lastly, has anyone had any experience in ordering a Twin adjustable bed that has the “designer fabric” to start with, and then adding another Twin down the road i.e. 6 months later… do the fabric colors match?
(I’ve bought tile from different dye lots in the past by mistake, and that was a mess)[/quote]

I think that most people would probably buy them together at the same time so there may not be a lot of feedback about your question but hopefully someone that has will see your post and share their comments. I tend to think it wouldn’t be an issue but this would be purely speculation on my part.

Phoenix