Learned the hard way - Finally decided on New Sleep EZ 10,000 with Topper

Hi CentralPA,

I think that microcoils are a durable component and if the design of a mattress that includes them is otherwise suitable for you in terms of PPP and doesn’t have any weak links they are a durable component and would make a good choice.

Imperial makes some high quality mattresses that would be well worth considering for higher body weights IMO. They also are one of the few manufacturers that also makes their own springs.

Pure Latex Bliss also makes some high quality Talalay latex mattresses that would be well worth testing and considering but of course these are very different from an innerspring mattress. I would also be somewhat cautious and make sure you do some good testing on their softer mattresses which may not be the best “match” for higher weights.

Verlo is a regional factory direct manufacturer that can have some “better than average” quality and value mattresses and they would certainly be well worth considering on a “mattress by mattress basis” but I would make some careful value comparisons with other mattresses and to make sure that their materials are suitable for higher weights. They are generally good value compared to mainstream manufacturers but may not always be in the “best value” range compared to some others that may be available to you. Post #12 here and post #18 here has more thoughts about them.

A forum search on Verlo (you can just click this) will also bring up more feedback about them but “verlo” is also part of other words so the search will bring up many unrelated posts so a google google site search on “verlo” (you can just click this as well) will bring up all the forum posts that mention them that google has indexed.

Page Bedding would also be well worth considering and a trip to Smith Furniture would give you a chance to test some of their Restonic Health Rest memory foam mattresses if you are also considering memory foam.

Any local dealers that carry Dutch Craft would also be well worth talking to.

I would make sure you call and talk with any retailer or manufacturer you are planning to visit to talk with them first about your criteria and preferences so you can make sure they carry some mattresses that you wanted to test and that would be suitable for you on their floor. An initial phone call to any retailer or manufacturer you are planning to visit can save you a great deal of time and frustration and give you a much better sense of what to expect when you actually visit them.

Phoenix