Lebeda vs Quality Sleep Shop?

We live in the Quad Cities and have found a “local” manufacturer - Lebeda that looks interesting. We also get to Chicago frequently, and see that Quality Sleep Shop is highly recommended [and a member of the site]. Is the quality of Lebeda mattresses good? or is it worth the drive to Chicago for Quality Sleep Shop?

Have read the wonderful posts from Phoenix re: mattress purchasing… just not sure about Lebeda quality.

Hi arossman,

The quality of any specific mattress depends on the specifics of the mattress itself not the name of the manufacturer so I would need to know the specifics of a mattress you were considering to make any meaningful comments about its quality. Lebeda certainly uses some good quality materials and the ones that have been mentioned on the forum don’t have any weak links in their design but the “value” of a mattress purchase and how it compares to another mattress you are considering is about more than just the durability of the materials although of course durability is always an important factor (see post #13 here). A forum search on Lebeda (you can just click the link) will also bring up more comments and feedback about them.

You have some very good options in the quad cities area (see post #4 here) and LaGrange/Brookfield is a fair distance away so it would depend on how you feel about driving that far but if it was me … a mattress is important enough and you will have it long enough that I would be very tempted to narrow down your more local options to one or two and then depending on how I felt about them, take the trip to see how the mattresses at Quality Sleep / My Green Mattress compare to your local finalists in terms of PPP and the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Phoenix - perfect! exactly the advice I needed.