Leesa a very poor fit for me--suggest an alternative?

Hi loraxc,

Now that you have narrowed down which Tempurpedic mattresses are the best “match” for you in terms of PPP you will be in a much better position to decide whether any of the online memory foam options that are designed to be reasonable approximations of the same mattresses would be worth considering.

Memory foam really doesn’t have any “spring” (although some versions of memory foam have a faster response time than others). The Tempur Flex mattresses use a pocket coil support core which would be more “springy” than the polyfoam that they use in the base layers of most of their mattresses but they also have relatively thinner layers of memory foam in the top layer with a layer of more resilient polyfoam underneath the memory foam which is also the reason that even the top layers would feel more resilient or “springy” than a similar mattress that only had memory foam comfort layers.

While I can’t speak to how any of the Dunlopillo Harbor mattresses will “feel” for someone else, there is some information about the Dunlopillo Harbor mattresses in posts #4 here and #5 here (and about the Sherwood Harbor Plush which was likely the same or very similar in post #6 here) and as you can see they all have more than 2" or lower quality/density or “unknown” polyfoam in the comfort layers which I would consider to be a weak link in the mattress and I would be very cautious about choosing any of the Harbor mattresses (or any mattress that uses more than “about an inch or so” of lower quality/density or “unknown” materials in the upper layers of the mattress).
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: sherwoodbedding.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/dunlopillo-harbor-series.pdf

It’s very unlikely that you would find another mattress that used the exact same design and materials with the same type of material with the same layer firmnesses and layer thicknesses and a similar cover and it’s also very unlikely that another manufacturer would make a mattress that was specifically designed to approximate any of the Harbor mattresses so the only way to know how another mattress would compare to any of the Harbor line in terms of “feel”, firmness, or PPP (regardless of how it would compare based on the quality and durability of the materials) would be based on your own personal experience and they certainly wouldn’t be useful as a reference point for choosing another mattress.

Phoenix

PS: It still may be worthwhile considering changing the title of your topic to something more “fair” or “neutral” along the lines of “My Leesa mattress didn’t work out for me … suggest an alternative” or " I didn’t like my Leesa Mattress … suggest an alternative" to more accurately reflect your experience.