Leggett & Platt Silver Adjustable Base

Leggett & Platt
Silver Adjustable Base, I know i need 2 twin xls for single mattress. Does anybody know dealer cost. Mattress firm wants 1200 a piece. That’s crazy for a plane jane adjustable base.

Hi jdeck66,

I don’t know the wholesale costs but post #3 here and the adjustable bed thread it links to has more information about choosing an adjustable bed and some sources you can use as a reference point for pricing.

The Leggett & Platt Silver is certainly on the costly side compared to other options you have available and doesn’t have a wall hugger feature, massage, or a wireless remote which are all features that are available with other adjustable beds in the same price range.

Phoenix

I would echo Phoenix. I’ve been doing a lot of price shopping and comparing lately on adjustable bases, and that is a pretty ridiculous price for a L&P Silver. Especially when you consider it’s not a wall-hugger, no massage, wired remote, etc.

Without going to other locations you can do better. They carry the Ergomotion 400 (comparable to the S-Cape) for $1998, which has all of those missing features and more.

I would definitely recommend going to the links Phoenix provided. Lots of great info, and some really good websites to get you started. I know I’ve seen the Reverie 5D/Deluxe, Leggett & Platt S-Cape, and Ergomotion 400 all under $2,000 for a split king (2 Twin XL’s) and all three of those I would consider far superior to the Silver on features. Or if you’re looking for a more basic model, you can do even better than that by shopping around.

Non-massage, wired remotes on a quick search at adjustablebeds.org:

L&P Comfort C-110 $1,350
Ergomotion 100 $1,558

Well Mattress Firm let the cat of the bag on their $1200 base, actually $2400 for 2 twin xl for a king mattress. Told me if I kept the Icomfort Prodigy then it would only cost me $350 each so $700 for 2 twin xls. Owe by the way had the Icomfort Prodigy going on 2weeks and told them to come get it, since they have a no questions asked 1year refund policy.

Hi jdeck66,

I guess that’s one way to “entice” their customers to keep a mattress they don’t really want :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Temper-Pedic Cloud Supreme Breeze vs Rastava Pearl Gel…if both matresses where the same price, what would be your honest opinion. Currently temper is like 3600 and the Pearl 1300.00. Going to see how bad Mattress Firm wants to keep my business. Based on Restava Pearl it is the copy per say to the supreme breeze but I heck of a lot cheaper. If…and I say if I can keep my adjustable bases now the cost for both is $700.00 instead of $2400.00 and get the temp breeze if you only had these 2 choices what would you do. I respect everything you say and info you provide on this site, but please with all do respect, don’t go technical on me and refer me to other parts on the site and stuff like that. I am in sales and sometimes a freak according to my wife when I spend a stupid amount of time, staying up literally all hrs of the night reading and researching things I can’t get out of my head until I have resolution. Remember previous post, ADD…really bad when your 47 years old and get Obsessed until you have accomplished the mission…lol

Hi jdeck,

The most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase is how well it matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP and this is the part that each person needs to decide for themselves because nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress.

There are many ways that one mattress can match another and if you were to ask a group of 10 people whether one mattress was a “match” for another one there would be no consensus and some of them would say yes, some would say no, and some would say that it was similar but not the same. This is because each person’s perceptions are subjective and that each person’s perceptions have a different focus. There is more about the ways that one mattress can match another one in post #9 here but in most cases if a reputable manufacturer is using another mainstream mattress as a reference point then it will be a reasonably close approximation in terms of comfort/pressure relief and support/alignment.

Because there will always be some people whose experience is different from the majority of people … the return policy can also play a significant role in each person’s personal value equation so that they can use their own experience to decide on whether a mattress is suitable for them or whether it’s “close enough” to what they were hoping for regardless of what others may think. Since Restava has a 120 day money back guarantee that doesn’t incur any return costs this would certainly be a big part of “value” that would be in Restava’s favor.

Outside of PPP and the return policy … one of the most important parts of “value” is the quality of the materials in a mattress. This is partly because the quality of the materials are the single most important part of the durability and useful life of a mattress and partly because higher quality materials (or thicker layers of more costly materials) are more costly and knowing this information will allow you to make more apples to apples comparisons between mattresses.

The Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme Breeze has the following layers (listed from top to bottom)

Comfort Layers:
2" TEMPUR-ES comfort layer 4.1 LB
2" TEMPUR Support Layer 5.3 LB

Support System:
Dual Airflow System
3.5" Airflow Base layer 2.2lb
3.5" Airflow Base layer 2.2lb

The Restava Pearl Gel has the following layers

Comfort Layers:
1" polyfoam “firming foam” (polyfoam)
3" layer of 4.2 lb gel memory foam

Support System:
6" 2.5 lb polyfoam
1" Xfirm polyfoam

Restava doesn’t have the density of the memory foam layer on their website but I believe that the 4.2 lb density is correct (they will confirm this when you ask them) so assuming this is correct it would have a little less memory foam in the comfort layers overall (3" vs 4") and it also has 1" of “firming foam / polyfoam” on top which would add to the durability of the 4 lb memory foam under it and this would also be part of the reason that the support and pressure relief was similar between the two mattresses (it would “firm up” the 4 lb memory foam under it while with the Tempurpedic the 2" of firmer and denser 5.3 lb memory foam underneath the 4 lb memory foam would “firm up” the feel of the 2" of 4 lb memory foam above it). Polyfoam is also generally more breathable than memory foam so it could also provide a slight advantage in terms of breathability and temperature control vs regular memory foam.

The polyfoam base layer in the Restava is a little higher density/quality but this wouldn’t make a significant difference in terms of durability.

NOTE: They are no longer a member here since a redesign of their mattresses and they may no longer be fully transparent about the materials in their mattresses … see this topic.

Overall … they would be very close to each other in terms of durability. There is only 2" of medium density 4 lb memory foam in the Tempurpedic (less 4 lb memory foam to soften) and the layers below it are more durable higher density memory foam while there is 3" of medium density 4.2 lb memory foam in the Pearl Gel but the inch of polyfoam above it would add to its durability and compensate for the thicker layer. The “raw material cost” of the memory foam in the Tempurpedic would probably be slightly higher (there is more memory foam overall which is a more costly material and some of it is 5.3 lbs which is generally more costly than 4 lb memory foam).

Both have cooling properties in their top layer of memory foam so I don’t believe that for most people either one would have temperature issues but I would probably give a slight edge to the Restava here because of the type of gel materials they use and the firming foam in the top layer.

Overall I would say that I would give a very slight edge to the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme Breeze in terms of the “theoretical” cost of materials (more memory foam and a higher density mix), I would probably give a slight advantage in temperature regulation to the Restava (although both are less likely to sleep hot for most people compared to “regular” memory foam) and in terms of durability I would call it a wash.

I don’t make final choices for the members here or suggest “what” mattress to purchase or even share “what I would do” unless one has an obvious weak link or there is a compelling reason to choose one over the other (which neither one does) because this would have too big an influence based on my own personal preferences or criteria which can be very different from someone else (see post #2 here). Hopefully though this can help you with “how” to choose and the different factors I would consider so you can make the choice that’s best for you based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Thank you for the great response. I saw on the Restava sight that they posted their support foam is 5.3lbs, are they adding multi layers to come up wit he 5.3

Hi jedck66,

5.3 lbs is a memory foam density … not a polyfoam density (and the support layers of a memory foam mattress including theirs are usually polyfoam).

They use different densities and layers in each of their mattresses and while they don’t list them on their site … they will provide you with the density of all the memory foam layers in any of their mattresses if you ask them.

Memory foam densities are not “additive” and only apply to a specific layer.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

The other night I ran across a topic or response from you that showed what manufactures owned other brand companies, think it was Serta owns Temper-Pedic or vise versa Simmons owns ?..ect

Hopefully you know what I am talking about.

Thanks

Hi jdeck,

You may have been talking about this article or perhaps you meant this post.

Phoenix