Linen + Memory Foam Mattress

Any experience with linen (I’m looking at Restoration Hardware in Prairie because it’s more affordable than Rough Linen or Eileen Fisher linen. How is Restoration Hardware. Some people complain it didn’t hold up as linen should-- saying it only lasted 1 year or 2.

How does linen do with memory foam? Is it too thick or rough and does it affect the memory foam’s feel and contouring ability? For example my 1,000 tc sheets were too thick and affected the feel of the bed so much I never use them anymore. I was really noob when I bought them, I thought thread count was all that matters. I’m interested in linen because some say it is less “:substantial” than cotton and I assume that means it tends to be lighter and less dense and could do well with a contouring foam bed?

Hi EZ4HZ,

While it’s certainly not my area of specialty … there is more information in post #7 here and the posts it links to about sheets and fabrics that may be helpful and there are links to two topics at the end of the post that discuss linen sheets as well. Our next sheet purchase will "hopefully be a set of linen sheets from rough linen but that is some distance away yet. In “theory” … they would be thicker than regular cotton sheets (or bamboo blend sheets) so they would probably have more effect on the “feel” and contouring of the memory foam but I don’t have any personal experience with the combination.

Hopefully some of the members here that own linen sheets (Restoration Hardware or otherwise) or use them on a memory foam bed will see your post and provide some further comments and feedback.

Phoenix