little help please: spindle vs arizona

Hello

First post here. Was hoping to get a little help from wisdom of the crowd. I narrowed it down to abscond 10" from spindle and adjust ultra plus with 3 inch topper from Arizona. The price is pretty much the same. I’m not a picky sleeper. But I do want to get something nice since I sleep on it every day.

Its a tough call. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the following

I guess the things I’m considering are.

1. Quality of material. Cover and latex. I see one is Dunlop and one is tallay. Arizona cover is 1.5" not sure about spindle.
  2. Workmanship of the shop
  3. Anything else? I see one is 6 + 3 and other is 3*3. I see from other thread it doesn’t matter much.

Hi vincent,

The quality of the materials in both of them would be closely equivalent and the choice between Dunlop and Talalay would be a personal preference not a “better/worse” choice. There is more about how Dunlop compares to Talalay in post #7 here but the best way to know which one you tend to prefer would be based on your own personal testing or experience. Both use a high quality wool quilted cover that uses the wool to pass the fire regulations.

Both are component mattresses that are put together when you receive them and only require putting the layers inside the cover and zipping it up.

The number of layers wouldn’t make a difference in the quality of the mattress but the 3x3 layers would provide some additional options for rearranging or exchanging layers which may or may not be a factor in your choice (see post #2 here).

When you are down to finalists that are all choices between “good and good” and there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that any of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your local testing, your conversations with each of them, your confidence about the suitability of each one, the prices, the options you have after a purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Where are you Vincent? I looked in your profile but it did not say your location.

I am in New Hampshire which fortunately is only about an hour drive from Spindle so I got to go there, meet Neal and see the operation and the mattresses. I don’t know about you but I’m sometimes hesitant about making major purchases online with a company I know little about. For what it’s worth though I’d highly recommend Spindle.

I purchased the 10" Abscond last Spring for my son. The experience was great. Neal was not salesy or high pressure at all. i don’t have extensive experience with latex but the product, the latex layers and cover seem to me to be of high quality.

If you can make the trip it might help you make your decision.