Living in Phoenix, but having nearly no time

So, I live in Phoenix where we have a few manufacturers. I have the benefit of being able to visit the showrooms (such as they are), etc. I would like to feel ok about going to one (say, PhoenixEz) and saying, hey, you are the professional, here are my needs, just do it. I also have the luxury (which I get that many don’t) of being able to pay, so I don’t want to waste time trying to find the best deal ever, although of course the best deal ever would rock!

Back story: We’ve been on queens forever. Wife bought a King from Ashley’s, but it is just a foam thing, for $800. English isn’t her first language, and she can be easily bamboozled, as I think she was. The foam thing is terrible, although vaguely better after a week. She (happily for me) hates it, though. She wakes up saying that her bones hurt. She’s maybe 110 lbs, and I’m 180lbs. It’s not great, but it is getting better.

What I want to do is go to EZ and say, here is what I want in the vaguest way, not specifying this or that. Is this possible? I mean, I would say that I want coils (I think I do, but maybe I’m just old school), and firmness of this or that, and then let the pros ask me what they need to ask (or ask us, more accurately), and let them do their magic. They know more than I, after all.

So that’s the general question, I guess. Can I do what I do when I buy clothes: just rely on the seller to give you a good product, not rip you off, and do it swiftly.

I should add that I’m completely nuts when I buy something big like this, but I just don’t want to devote the time if I can help it. Maybe I can’t; maybe I need to devote the time. That’s a fair answer to my inquiry. And in that case, I’m not sure what I will do. My hope is that, because I’m in Phoenix, and I have direct access to good places, I can just say, hey, please make me something I will love.

Thanks!

Edit: I probably didn’t give enough info. If that’s the case, ask me, I will tell. :slight_smile:

Hi mechanic,

It would be great if that was possible but unfortunately nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to know for certain which mattress will be the best “match” for you based on specs (yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). Having said that … most of the better online manufacturers are very good at providing good guidance with a more detailed phone conversation with you based on the “averages” of others that appear to be similar to you. For a large majority of people this would end up being a suitable choice and if your mattress is a component mattress then with the options you have after a purchase to rearrange or exchange layers you would be able to fine tune the feel and support of the mattress even further so the odds of success are high.

All of this assumes that you are familiar with how latex feels and performs but if you haven’t slept on latex before then I would definitely pay them a visit if for no other reason than to feel what latex feels like and so you can also feel the difference between Dunlop and Talalay to see which one you prefer (see post #7 here).

As you probably know … SleepEZ is one of the members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

A mattress is one of the most important purchases you can make in terms of the effect it will have on how you feel and your overall well being and it’s not something where I would take “shortcuts” since your decision will affect you for the next decade or longer. You are fortunate to live in Phoenix where there are more good options than most other cities in the country and if I was in your shoes I would definitely take a few hours to do some testing. Of course these types of decisions are always up to each person’s “best judgement” and “risk tolerance” along with where you are in the range between “I can sleep on anything” and “princess and the pea” and the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Understood. Thanks! I am starting this journey today by going to the showroom (such as it is).

Hi mechanic,

I’m looking forward to your feedback … and of course finding out what you end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix