Local Mattress Outlet.

My husband and I are on the heavy side. We are both side sleepers. I have a very bad shoulder. I don’t know if a memory foam mattress would be right for us or not. I am looking at the King size Novafoam at costco and the I comfort. Obviously there is a very large cost difference. Can you advice? We live in Fauquier County, Va. I am not sure where to find a good Mattress Outlet.

I bought a great Dunlop latex mattress in Roanoke, VA last month, but Roanoke is a pretty good distance from where you are. Sleep Essentials in Roanoke sells mattresses without fire retardants, which means you have to have a doctor’s prescription to buy one (easily obtained, at least for me), but it also means the mattress is tax exempt and tax deductible.

Roanoke is pretty far away for sure… Leaning towards the Costco Rhythm Novaform.

Hi Dorothy,

The first place I would start your mattress research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and avoid the worst ones. Before you consider the Novaform I would consider some of the other options you have (which are linked in the same post) if you are looking at making an online memory foam purchase.

Some of the better local options or possibilities I’m aware of that are in reasonable driving distance are in the Washington DC list in post #2 here and in the Fredericksburg list in post #9 here.

Phoenix