Looking for a cheap mattress

Hi Josh,

[quote]I live in Central Florida so I am trying to avoid any kind of foam mattress as my house is kept warm and I HATE being hot when I sleep. As it stands now, I’m looking at the original mattress factory Original queen bed and also wondering if that’s any good. I know Fox Mattresses is highly recommended, and I’m waiting for them to get back to me, but I think they will be out of my price range.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, I will continue to keep doing more research.[/quote]

Some of the better online options I’m aware of that are in lower budget ranges are listed in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

While it’s not possible to quantify the sleeping temperature of a mattress for any particular person with any real accuracy because there are so many variables involved including the type of mattress protector and the sheets and bedding that you use (which in many cases can have just as significant an effect on temperature as the type of foam in a mattress) and on where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range and because there is no standardized testing for temperature regulation with different combinations of materials … there is more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress or sleeping system in post #2 here that can help you choose the types of materials and components that are most likely to keep you in a comfortable temperature range. I would keep in mind that some types of foam (such as memory foam) will tend to sleep warmer than others (such as polyfoam or especially latex although latex would probably be outside of your budget range).

There is also more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or the exchange/return options that are available to you).

I’m not sure where you are in Central Florida but the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Orlando area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here. If none of these are close to you then if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area (although as you mentioned I certainly think very highly of Fox Mattress and they would be well worth a phone call and/or visit if you are in reasonable driving distance and they have a mattress in your budget range that you would be interested in testing).

Phoenix