Looking for a king-size latex mattress

Hi…my first post to your mattress forum and I must say there is so much great info here it is actually overwhelming…

To begin, my wife and I live just north of West Palm Beach, FL…zip 34953
she is 5’ 6" 155lbs…I am 6’ 175 lbs both side sleepers

I need your recommendation on what combination of latex layers as a starting point (ILD numbers appropriate for us???..confusing…we are both 60 so we have an excuse…LOL)…

we would like a mattress type that we could flip/rotate to extend its life and also be a split design so her side could be customized as well as mine…I have only contacted SleepEZ from your list of recommended mattress companies…

if there are any reputable stores in our area that we could visit, that would be a plus…

Thank you in advance for your time and input and keep up your great work!

Hi hoyt,

The first place I would start your research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best choices. it also includes a link to mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here which links to some of the pages that talk about mattress theory and design but these are only generic and not specific to any particular person. In most cases it’s usually best to test for the design that works best for you regardless of the ILD’s of the layers because your body will tell you what works best for you much more than trying to choose a mattress based on specs or whether you know the ILD of the layers.

Some of the better options or possibilities in the West Palm Beach, FL area are listed in post #2 here which would be a good starting point and of course if none of them made a mattress that matched your criteria then the online members listed here can be a great option as well.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix…

I stopped at a mattress store that sells Pure Latex Bliss line…I liked the softer layered mattress which was, of course, the most expensive…($11,999 retail, on “sale” for $5,999 but they could knock off $2000 off that…I ordered 6 of them…yeah right!!..)…I am gravitating to SleepEZ as the mattress can be customized whereas PLB cannot and are way too expensive…from your experience and others, is SleepEZ a good value and quality?..since I am in Florida, I obviously cannot try them out, but at least I can switch layers to adjust the layers to suit our needs…and I can get 5% off by being a member of Mattress Underground…is there any benefit to their Natural blended Talalay over 100% Natural Talalay or 100% Dunlop??..I suppose just trust the salesperson to steer me in the right direction??..

Thank you

also, the Pure Latex Bliss model I liked was called (according to the sales guy) “World’s Best” which I couldn’t find on PLB’s website???..

Hi hoyt,

They are a manufacturing member here which means that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of quality, value, and service yes. They are well worth talking to.

They are very knowledgeable about all the materials and types of latex they use and will give you reliable information and guidance but there is also more information about the different types of latex in post #6 here.

You can see the Worlds Best Bed on their website here and the more detailed specs are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix