Looking for a Simple and Easy Way to Evaluate Both Value and Quality

I’ve posted on here just once before about comparing Dynasty vs. DreamFoam Bedding. I appreciate the input, but I still find myself not comfortable with purchasing a bed based on the information I’ve read.

I know that value and comfort are somewhat hard to define, because we all sleep differently.

For example, DreamFoam compares their 13" to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe, and so I went and tried. The Luxe was nice, but I wouldn’t consider it as a plush styled mattress.

Next, it’s hard to compare quality when I’m seeing various companies like Brentwood, etc. that are American made. The obvious reason I’m uncomfortable is I’m seeing a $400 or more difference between some of these mattresses that I’ve never tried before. Sure, I can send it back, but I don’t want to be down this road again in 45 days or more.

Is there a way to know the basic reasons why DreamFoam and others are worth paying the extra money for?

Or are some of the cheaper mattresses cheap because they are “new” and are trying to compete with DreamFoam?

Also, the mattress that I really like is the iComfort EFX series that is rated soft. (Just don’t want to pay $2000

Maybe this will help.

Hi jmarkk1,

I think the information you are probably looking for is in post #13 here which has more information about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses. It boils down to …

1. Testing for suitability and PPP (either with your own personal testing or a more detailed conversation on the phone backed up with a return/exchange policy you are comfortable with).
  2. Checking the quality and durability of the materials in the mattress and comparing them against the guidelines (or posting the information on the forum where I’d be happy to make some comments) to make sure there are no weak links in the mattress in terms of durability (which means that I would only deal with retailers/manufacturers that are fully transparent about the materials in their mattresses)
  3. Comparing your finalists for value based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

If you test, check, and compare using these guidelines then you can more easily decide on which mattress is the best value for you.

Phoenix