Looking for firm 2 Twin XL memory foam mattress for King adjustable bed.

Hello:

I am looking for firm memory foam mattress, like tempurpedic’s old model tempur contour (firm bed). Looking for 2 Twin XLs for my King adjustable bed. I have tried few memory foam mattresses, all of whom have been on softer side. Went to my cousin’s place and they had bed in a box memory foam mattress (8 lb I believe: firm) and we loved it.
I am not a big latex bed fan, tried couple latex mattress at store and did not like the feel. My budget is not more than $1000 for pair of Twin XLs. Any thing out there?

To get started, I am looking at the following 3 sets (from amazon)

1. LUCID® by Linenspa 12" Plush Triple-Layer Memory Foam Mattress - 100% CertiPUR Foam - 25-Year Warranty - Bamboo Cover
    Amazon.com

2. Dynasty Mattess: 12-Inch Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress for Adjustable Bed Base
    Amazon.com

3. 14" LUCID® by Linenspa Cashmere Covered Firm 5.3lb Ventilated Triple-Layer Memory Foam Mattress
    Amazon.com

To summarize for what I am looking.

1. Firm mattress (5 lb +)
  2. Preferably 12 inches
  3. Budget: $800 - $1000 for a pair (sorry, cannot go over this amount)

I am 5’6" 145 lbs and wife 5’2" 130 lbs…back and side sleepers. Any pointers (with links) are appreciated.

Thank You !!

Hi goitsme48,

Bedinabox uses 3 lb memory foam in their mattresses … not 8 lbs.

I would be very careful about the other two mattresses you’ve listed because they are likely to contain lower density memory foam (under 4 lbs density) in their construction. It’s important to know the density of all the foam layers … not just the top couple of inches and in the case of both of these manufacturers I would check the density of all the layers with the shipping weight they provide to confirm the information they provide is accurate.

Post #6 here and post #5 here would also be worth reading before you consider any of the mattresses you’ve listed.

A forum search on Dynasty and on Lucid (you can just click both of these) will also bring up more comments about them.

Some of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of are listed in post #12 here.

I would also be aware that with memory foam in particular that there are many different versions of memory foam and each of them can feel quite different from each other even if they are the same density (see post #9 here and post #8 here). How each one feels and performs is also subject to many variables including temperature, humidity, pressure, the length of time the memory foam is compressed (it gets softer with time), body type, and sleeping style. Because there are so many variables with memory foam mattresses when you are ordering online the confidence you have that the mattress will be suitable for you (based on more detailed conversations with the retailer or manufacturer) and the options you have available after a purchase may be an important part of your personal value equation if you make a choice that is less than ideal.

I would be very cautious with all of the choices you mentioned.

Phoenix