looking for firm memory foam mattrress minneapolis, mn

hi!
our old mattress if shot! its a memory foam i got form a warehouse here in town about 10 years ago.

it was good while it lasted and very cheap ($500)

i’m looking for a new memory foam mattress to place on top of an existing ikea box frame.

must be firm and none to very, very minimal gassing/ plastic odor. i am very sensitive to things that emit toxic plastic smells.

i looked for hours and then found this site, which is great!

can you point me in the right direction please. local would be great but am not opposed to ordering online. just want the best for the money. willing to spend whatever amount is necessary, but would love to stay below $1000.

thanks so much for your time!

~davis

Hi musicus4,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best choices. It also includes a link to a list of the better online memory foam manufacturers and retailers I’m aware of.

Firmer memory foam mattresses will often use 5 lb memory foam in relatively thin layers (2" - 4") over a firmer polyfoam support core but there are so many varieties of memory foam that your own personal testing is the best way to know whether a mattress is a good match for your needs and preferences. If you are looking at online choices then more detailed conversations with the retailer or manufacturer is the best way to make the most suitable choice since they will know more about their mattresses than anyone.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Minneapolis area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix