Looking for help with Latex Hybrids in LA

A few years ago I purchased a traditional mattress from Leeds and it has turned out to be a nightmare- the manufacturer went out of business and I’m sleeping in big indents in the mattress and waking up in pain each morning.

I’ve been looking for several months and hated dealing with the mattress stores in my area (Los Angeles) and am thinking about either a latex (latex over foam) hybrid from either Sam’s Club or The Eco Bliss Hybrid from Plushbeds.

I really need some simple guidance! I am a side sleeper with shoulder problems so I like a softer bed, just not so soft that I’m unsupported. Can your please recommend a couple of options for me? The list of manufacturers on your site in my area seems overwhelming and I’d love it if you could narrow things down for me, especially if the online options I’ve listed aren’t good ones.

Hi Violet71,

The first place I would start your research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need along with links to some of the most helpful forum posts.

Once you get to step #3 … the list of some of the better options and possibilities in the Los Angeles area I’m aware of is in post #2 here. The first post I linked also includes links to some of the better online manufacturers and retailers I’m aware of.

Local testing is always an important step IMO so that you have a reference point that can help with an online purchase if that’s the direction you decide to go. There are some good options available in Los Angeles that you can test in person and then you can compare the “best” local options with the options you have available online.

Phoenix