Looking for information about Pure Energy Mattresses made in BC, Canada

Hi there,

I am searching for a queen latex mattress in Vancouver Canada, and I was recommended Pure Energy mattress, in particular, I tested the firm version of Living Bed™ Classic Plus | Foam Mattress | Soy Foam + Latex and I liked it.

However, while searching online, I couldn’t find any review about this mattress/brand. It seems to be sub-brand of Restwell https://www.restwell.com/. I am new on shopping for mattresses and what I noticed is that there are many local mattress manufacturers around British Columbia area and they seems to sell mostly locally which it might be the reason why I cannot find reviews (my guessing).

I am wondering if anyone in this forum can give any recommendation about this mattress/brand.

The mattress price range 2000-2500 CAD, wondering if it worth the money base on the specification in their webpage [linked above]
Thanks
Matias

Hey Matias,

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I would be very cautious about brand shopping in general because you are buying a specific mattress not the brand and most manufacturers have access to the same or similar components and materials. Many manufacturers make a wide range of mattresses that can vary from lower quality and less durable materials to higher quality and more durable materials in a wide range of prices. The name of the manufacturer on the label or the price of the mattress won’t tell you anything about whether a specific mattress is suitable for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP or whether there are any lower quality materials or weak links in the design that would affect the durability and useful life of the mattress. There is more about the risks of brand shopping in post #5 here and post #12 here.

There is more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

I’d be interested to know how much talalay/cellitex/ecotex soy foam is in the mattress. If it’s primarily talalay, the durability is likely to be within our durability guidelines.

The price range seems pretty standard (neither alarmingly cheap nor alarmingly expensive). Pricing is also so subjective because so many factors come into play (shipping and manufacturing costs, pricing based on demand, overhead expenses, salaries, etc).

NikkiTMU

1 Like