looking for manufacter in Williamsville, N.Y 14221

We were thinking of buying the serta icomfort savant or the serta iseries aspirational plush until i came across this site. My husband wakes every morning with lower back pain and i have MS. Heat triggers flare ups. I think latex is the way to go but it’s very expensive. We will be purchasing within the week and really need your advice. I’m overwhelmed with all this information and need help. Thanks. I know your the guy so go to.

Hi cindy,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Buffalo area are in post #29 here.

The most effective way to bypass “information overwhelm” and to find the best possible mattress for your particular needs and preferences is to identify and connect with the “experts” in your area. They already know what you would otherwise need to learn and will generally give you the best possible help and guidance.

Since there is a high quality/value factory direct manufacturer very close to you … that’s where I’d start :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Took your advice and started going to smaller mattress stores. I went to Suncity mattress. He said I should try the mattresses. {All were covered in plastic}. Then he told me I could find all the specs on the symbol web site to find all particulars about their mattresses. I left and went to Xtreme Discount Mattress Warehouse they sell Dutch Craft. We found a Dutch Craft contour 1000 asking $1199. It has the same spec. as the Dutch Craft ConturPedic Silverthorne

Dutch Craft ConturPedic Silverthorne

• 2" 4lb Gel foam (soy based): I don’t know the type or density of the gel foam that they use (particulate or mixed as a liquid).
  • 1" 5lb Memory foam (soy based): Good quality memory foam
  • 100% gel infused: I’m guessing that this is not a separate layer but refers to the gel memory foam?
  • 7" 2.3lb foam core (consists of 2" HR Foam and 5" PreserveHR, soy based) this is a hgh quality polyfoam base.

I forgot to mention I’m 5’2", 138lbs, my husband is 5’7", 190lbs and we are both side sleepers. I believe it will have longer longevity and is a better value than the icomfort savant. Am I right?

Thanks for your help

Hi cindy,

Even though Symbol does use better quality materials in some of their mattresses and they can be better than average quality/value … I would tend not to deal with a retailer or at least consider any of their mattresses where they can’t provide you with the information you will need to make meaningful comparisons.

This includes the density of any polyfoam and memory foam in a mattress and the type and blend of any latex and this isn’t on the symbol website or most other manufacturer’s websites either.

It is the retailers responsibility and “job” to provide this to you if you ask. If they can’t or won’t or try to tell you that “nobody asks me about that” or something similar and aren’t willing to find out the information that you need to know … I would pass them by. The only other option is to take the time to either call the manufacturer yourself or to do the online research that will find the information that they should be providing in the first place. This is why I suggest to call and “interview” a retailer first before you visit them. The size of a retailer doesn’t indicate how good they may be. It’s their experience and their knowledge and willingness to inform and educate you about the materials in their mattresses that makes the biggest difference.

Dutch Craft is a good company that is quite transparent and can have some good quality and value mattresses (you can see more comments in the forum about them here). Once again though … if the retailer has a mattress with a different name they would need to provide you with the information you need to make meaningful comparisons.

Dutch Craft uses G-flex in their mattresses (Symbol does as well) which is a high quality “swirl gel memory foam” made by flexible foam which is mixed as a liquid. The 100% infused refers to this layer yes.

If the other layers in the mattress you are looking at are the same as the Silverthorne then they are all good quality materials. If Xtreme Discount Mattress did provide you with this information (and it would be great if you can confirm this) and they are authorized retailers for Dutch Craft (their dealer locator isn’t functioning at the moment) then along with this post it would indicate that they do provide good information about their Dutch Craft mattresses and I will include them in the Buffalo thread with some comments so that others can include them in their research as well.

Yes … these materials are better quality/value than the iComfort and don’t have any obvious weak links but of course it’s also very important to make sure you test the mattress carefully and objectively for PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences) to make sure it is suitable for both or your body types and sleeping positions. The materials are better quality but the design of both mattresses is quite different and no matter how good the quality and value of a mattress may be … if it isn’t suitable for you it would have little value to you.

If your testing indicates that they “work” for you and the layering is the same as the Silverthorne then depending on the size you are looking at, the price, and what is included with your purchase, this could be a good quality/value option IMO.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

I have a call into Dutch Craft and they are going to call me back tomorrow. I will let you know what they have to say.
I forgot to mention that the bed we ordered is a king and we both found it extremely comfortable with the correct support for both of us.

Thanks

Hi cindy,

I’m looking forward to hearing about the reply from Dutch Craft.

Did the information about what was in the Contour 1000 come from Xtreme Discount Mattress Warehouse and the specific spec sheets they have for that mattress and were they the ones that told you it was the same as the Silverthorne or was this based on your own “detective work”?

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

A little of both. I found information on your site then went to the store and was shown info from a binder and what was posted on the bed.

Hi cindy,

OK … I was just wondering if Xtreme had the actual numbers (which would be a good thing) or if they just had a more general description (which is the “norm” for most spec sheets which only provide the type of material and not the specific quality of that material).

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Heard from Dutch Craft. I also spoke to Henry one of the owners from Extreme Discount Mattress Warehouse.
I was told that the Contur-Pedic Gel 1000 has:
2" 5lb. cool gel foam (soy based, swirled)
1" 5lb. High Density Foam (good quality)
7" High Density Foam (consisting of 1 3/4" HR Foam and 5 1/4" Preserve HR, soy based)
King asking $1199

They also said that if i have anymore questions don’t hesitate to call.
Also to let them know how I like it.

So did I do alright? We really like this bed it really seems perfect. We spent about 30 minutes on it but to be fair we spent a month
trying different beds.

Hi cindy,

Even though it’s not the “weak link” of the mattress … I’d want to know the density of the 1.75" HR and the density of the Preserve HR (My guess is that both of these are actually HD foam like the Silverthorne not HR foam even though it is still good quality foam).

Either way though … the quality of the materials is good and there are no obvious "weak links so if it tests out well in terms of PPP (which it appears it did) then I would consider it to be a good choice yes.

So just for my own clarity as well … I’m still not sure who specifically provided you with the numbers. Did Henry make the call to Dutch Craft and get the specific numbers and give them to you or did you have to call Dutch Craft yourself to get them?

If the retailer is getting the specs … they are doing their job. If you have to get them … then they aren’t.

Either way though … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Phoenix,
You have given us peace of mind knowing that we are making a good choice. Hopefully we will now sleep and wake up felling well rested and pain free.
To answer your question Henry gave me the majority of information. He didn’t have the break down of the 7" foam core so I call Dutch Craft.

Hi cindy,

Thank you. It sounds to me like they are worth adding to the Buffalo list (which I’ve done).

Thanks for your comments, questions, and feedback :slight_smile:

Phoenix