Looking for my first "real" mattress with my soon to be wife, have a few questions/thoughts.

Phoenix, your patience and help has been outstanding!

My fiance and I went to a local independent mattress retailer yesterday, the guy seemed knowledgeable and had our best interests at heart, although he did try some sales tactics on us, (if we bought that day he did promise to pay the sales tax). We found a Latex mattress we liked quite a bit I’ll link it below with the specs from the website.
bedroomsandmore.com/product/woodlawn-firm-latex-mattress/
Support System
6" Botanical Latex
100% Botanical (Tree Rubber) Latex by Botanicore™ Firm 85 kg/m3
Comfort Layer
2" 100% Botanical (Tree Rubber) Latex by Botanicore™ Plush 75kg/m3 (1" each side)
Quilt Layers
1.6" Latex (0.8" each side)
Joma Blended Wool Pad
Whispershield Fiber Fire Barrier (Dacron/Rayon)
Fabric Cover
Organic Cotton/Polyester (Knit)
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: bedroomsandmore.com/product/woodlawn-firm-latex-mattress/

We liked this mattress quite a bit, the price was definitely out of our range though. at $2600 it seemed a little expensive from what we could find online. Thoughts on this one, and is something similar available online for less? Our budget is about $1300-$1500, and online mattresses seem to be more in that range. I noticed Brooklyn Bedding is a member of the site and when you mentioned them here. They seem to “recommended” by you, correct me if I am wrong though. For a slightly larger man like myself, their foam density and layers seem to be a better fit. I’d still like to find another local mattress store around my area to try out a few more, but I am definitely intrigued by the online mattress options, and am leaning more towards Brooklyn Beddings mattress if I go that route.

The more I read and ask the more I’ve learned and becoming more comfortable. It’s a difficult journey but will be so worth it in the end. And I am already finding satisfaction as my knowledge increases! :slight_smile: