Looking for some recommendations

Hi akrieg,

I’m not so sure that you can remove the memory foam but with the lower coil count (for a pocket coil) and the low density and thinner layer of memory foam this isn’t a mattress that I would generally consider to be a good quality/value choice.

This uses mostly natural continuous pour Dunlop latex which is a good quality and durable material and there are no weak links in this mattress. If it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and it also compares well to your other finalists based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you then it would certainly be worth considering.

My thoughts about Casper are in post #2 here and the posts it links to. I linked to the Casper forum search results in my previous reply about Casper (now corrected) but this is the link I meant to include.

This is a very good quality/value choice and is one of the lowest cost latex hybrid mattresses available. It uses blended Talalay latex in the 3" comfort layer which is a very high quality and durable material and 1.5 lb polyfoam in the base layer. There are also no weak links in this mattress. You can choose the firmness of the comfort layer before a purchase (based on a conversation with them where they can help “talk you through” your comfort choice) but unlike some of their other latex hybrids (such as the Eurotop here) it doesn’t have a zip cover that allows you to exchange the comfort layer for a different firmness after a purchase.

This uses high quality 2 lb polyfoam in all the layers so there are no weak links in this mattress either. Re-arranging the layers or using one side or the other of the cover gives you 12 possible configurations that you can use to fine tune either the support or pressure relief/comfort of the mattress after a purchase.

The density of polyfoam has nothing to do with it’s firmness but density is the most important factor in the quality and durability of the material. Any density of polyfoam whether it is low quality/density or high quality/density can be made in a wide range of firmness levels from very soft to very firm. Lower density polyfoam … like lower density memory foam … will soften and break down more quickly than higher quality/density materials.

Phoenix