Looking in CT, MA, and RI states

I want to do this right this time. Any suggestions for companies in my area?

Hi Supermomaim,

Thank you for writing on The Mattress Underground forum, we all really appreciate it!
Unfortunately I am not the correct person to ask about this as I am a manufacturer and retailer in Oregon. I have asked Phoenix to address your question.
I can tell you that personal fittings in brick and mortar stores, spending time talking to the sales person about your sleep style and issues, and taking your time without feeling pressured into buying will get you the best results. Moreover, if you have someone like me in your area (we only sell products that we design, manufacture and service) you should start there. We pick the components we use in our beds, and they are higher quality than like priced models from re-sellers.
I wish you much success in your journey, and we are here to help you understand the different components once you have identified potential mattresses you like.

Debbie Lewis

Hi Supermomaim,

It is always very encouraging when consumers start looking for a suitable product with the intention to do things right. :slight_smile: As both Parklane Mattresses (Thank you Parklane Mattresses for your very helpful advise) and Luma Sleep pointed out some local testing can help determine the type of mattress and material that you prefer and feel most comfortable with.

At a quick glance, some of our Trusted membership listing in the states you mentioned are:

[indent]Custom Mattress Makers with their sister company Yankee Mattress in Agawam, MA
Comfort Sleep Systems in • Branford, CT
Gardner Mattress in Salem, Woburn, Newton, MA
Spindle Mattress in • Acton, MA [/indent]

Outside our Trusted membership listing you can perform a Forum Search and you can type a “key term” of any city or area you would be closer to and consider driving, or any other area to see what other businesses have been discussed in that region which may be helpful to you. Whatever business you’re considering, I would always confirm that any retailer or manufacturer that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and also make sure that any mattress that you are considering meets the Post #13 quality/value guidelines here.

[url=https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/how-to-look-for-and-find-the-best-mattress-for-you-read-first]The mattress shopping tutorial here[/url] has the basic information, steps, and guidelines including suggestions about how to test a mattresses for what I call PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can simplify your search and help you make the best possible choices. Perhaps most importantly it can also help you avoid the worst ones (like the major manufacturers or any manufacturer or brand that doesn't disclose the quality of the materials in their mattresses and most mass market stores that have little knowledge about the mattresses they sell).

Good luck with your search and let us know if you have more specific questions.

Phoenix

Thanx again for such an awesome experience so far. Those suggestions are who i have found-so far -as well. I will keep u posted.

Thank you. I am so grateful for this site! I will keep all posted with my progress.

I really appreciate all the help, resources, and responses. Jordan 's in Warwick, RI is about 30-40 min drive and seems a good place to start for first in person trials. I will keep all posted.

P.S. The previous suggestions-the closest is an hour and half drive.